Mates - Chapter 25

I couldn't cry. Everytime, my chin would start shaking violently but the tears wouldn't come. With Carter's ax, I shoveled up dirt, creating a rectangle. My chin started shaking again as I picked up their motionless bodies and made them one with the Earth. I left the arrows in. I was too afraid of what would happen if I took them out. I carefully covered them, the two kindest individuals I had ever met. They were in love. They were love. They were soulmates who were bound to meet, no matter the circumstance.

Maxon and Aspen had decided collectively to give me space. I had no idea where they were. I walked ten feet away from them, my eyes never parting from their burial spot. In a sick game. In something that wasn't even necessary.

Why hadn't he shot me? Why hadn't I known he was there? A real friend would have stopped it. A real friend would make sure they were still alive. The tears finally came and I didn't think they would ever stop.

**This chapter was very short because there just wasn't much to say. I'll miss those two.**

**What do you think will happen next? Do you think America should have murdered Rezo?**

**Comment your favorite Selection/Hunger Games/any fandom you're apart of relationship. I wanna discuss**