Confession

This is how they confessed to each other...

Kaneki's P.O.V.

I was working my shift at Anteiku. Hide was sitting at the table by the window. He seemed to have something on his mind, you could tell by his serious look. An expression he doesn't usually have for as long as he had it by now. I'm a little worried about him.

"Something on your mind?" I asked Hide as I set the coffee cup on the table, in front of him. He looked at me and looked a little surprised.

"Wha- I didn't order coffee." He said.

"You didn't, but you order the exact same thing every time you come here. I basically have it memorized by now." I replied. "What are you thinking about? You're a little out there of it today."

"It's nothing." He said before taking a sip of coffee. I know him, he's thinking about something that he doesn't want to talk about. I wish he would talk, but I can't really force him to. I sighed and put a hand on my hip.

"Okay then." I said before going back to the counter. I took of a few more orders, we weren't really that busy today. That and it's lightly raining today. Making my and every other ghoul's sense of smell useless. Basically we can't smell in the rain, I don't know about snow though. Hide got done with his coffee and left his cup on the little plate. He was looking outside the window again and thinking with a serious look on his face.

"Well, I guess this is on the house. I don't think you need to be worrying about paying for a single cup of coffee, when you're completely worried about something else." I said as I took the coffee cup off the table. He looked up at me.

"Now or never I guess." He mumbled under his breath. But I heard it.

"Huh?" I said before he took the coffee cup out of my hand put it on the table. The cup fell off the plate, but didn't brake. He held both my hands, which ended up in my notepad falling onto the floor. And he stood up. People were watching us, making me even more nervous. What was Hide doing? 

"Ka-Kaneki! I have something I need to say!" He said.

"Okay, but make it quick, people at staring at us." I said as I blushed. I started to look away from him and bite my lip.

"I-it's just that. Well, what I wanted to ask was uhhhhhh..."

"Oh my god! Just spit it out!" Nishiki said behind us.

"W-will you go on a date with me?" He asked before I just stared at him. "I-I'm sorry I shouldn't have asked." He said sounding guilty and started to let go of my hands as he hung his head in shame. But I snapped out if it and hugged him. He was surprised as I nuzzled my nose into the crook of his neck.

"Of course I will. I love you." I said. I could feel Hide light up and smile before hugging me.

"I love you too." He said as he nuzzled his nose into my hair. Some people cheered for us. I had a few happy tears down my face.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Words: 566
Hope you enjoyed.
Please leave comments!
Until next time!