Valentines day

This is when Kaneki was four months pregnant....

Hide's P.O.V.

Today was Valentine's Day, a day of love. I was off work today to spend time with Kaneki. He was still asleep. He was laying on his side while cuddling the blanket and pillow. I did have my arm around him during the night. He was lightly snoring, almost not able to be heard. Even when he's pregnant, he's still a quiet sleeper. I was already awake and making us breakfast. I made pancakes and bacon. I didn't make eggs because that seems to make him almost throw up, and sometimes he actually does.

When I was done, I put the two plates on the kitchen table before going upstairs to our bedroom. I sat on the edge, next to Kaneki's sleeping form. His back was facing me. I started to rub his arm.

"Kaneki, wake up." I said sweetly. He only groaned in response. "Come on, wake up. You sleepy head." I said as I continued to rub his arm. He groaned again and furred his eyebrows together. I continued to rub his arm, telling him to wake up, and I kissed him on he cheek a few times. He did eventually open his eyes and turned his head to look at me. He did look tired, most likely because of the baby kicking him at night non stop.

"Good morning." I said with a smile.

"Why'd you wake me up?" He asked in a groggy voice.

"I made breakfast."

"Ten more minutes." He sad before laying his head back down and closing his eyes.

"Breakfast will get cold by then. Come on and eat breakfast with me." I said as I rubbed his arm again. I continued to rub his arm, but he wouldn't make any moves to get up. So, I started to gently shake his arm. I continued to shake his arm before he said something.

"Okay, fine!" He said before pushing himself up. I helped him get off the bed as he glared at me a little. I held his hand as we walked downstairs. I lead him to the table and helped him sit down. I sat across from him before we started to eat. After we were done, I took the plates and put them in the sink as Kaneki stood up out of the chair. He went to go sit on the couch. When he did go sit down, I followed after and sat next to him.

"Why are you doing this? Waking me up early, making breakfast, and having me eat with you." He said as I sat next to me. He's right, I don't usually do this on my days off. I mean, I would make him breakfast. But I would let him sleep before I made his breakfast, and he can sleep for a long time like to ten or eleven.

"Why? Did you forget what today was?" I asked.

"What is today?" He said after he crossed his arms over his chest. He seriously forgot. I can't blame him, he has his pregnancy to worry about. And pregnancy hormones are weird at times. He's also sleeping a lot too.

"It's Valentine's Day." I said before he widened his eyes and let his arms fall down.

"Oh, I'm sorry for being a jerk this morning."

"It's okay."

"Shit, I didn't get you anything either." He said as he put his hand on his forehead.

"That's okay too. Because you are giving me a child. That's the best thing you could give me." I said as I took his hand away from his forehead before putting a kiss there.

"Still though." He said as he laid his head on my shoulder. His voice sounded hurt, like he was going to cry. I made him look at me and he had tears in his eyes, a few had already started going down his cheeks. I cupped his cheeks and wiped away his tears with my thumbs.