Chapter 6 Close to the Edge

The puppies' POV:

Mischief:
I was on a hunt with my siblings, then I noticed a squirrel and ran off. Yet I didn't know it would effect everything that happened later. They didn't bother to follow me because they were too focused on the hunt for a big buck .As I ventured out into the forest I stumbled upon a rabbit's hollow. It was having babies. The miracle of birth was beautiful but at the same time kind of gross. I think I should get back to the pack as fast as I could. Dinner should be caught by the time I get there. I ran and ran and ran back in the direction I came from,to where my nose took me. Then what happened next was breathtaking!

Robert:
   I was on the hunt tight on the left side of our formation as usual when I noticed Mischief running into the forest .If I had known what was going to happen next I would have regretted not going after him. It was all so sudden,it was all so horrible.

Lori:
   While Mischief was out playing around I was working hard to catch us some dinner .It didn't  really matter at the time but without warning it got ugly.

Gabby:
   Out on the hunt,I ran nipping at our targets ankles trying to separate it from the herd. Mischief slunk off into the forest,but that was just him.Up next was something terrible.

Jock:
   I was peeved when Mischief sprinted away chasing something other than our meal,but I couldn't focus on that now because I need to chase dinner. I should have paid attention though .I was leading our caribou away from the herd then suddenly... it happened.

3rd person POV
   Jock was chasing caribou when his target charged at him. He attempted to escape but it just got him closer to the nearby waterfall .The beast was about to push him . He immediately saw an opening and lunged forward .Jock felt an agonizing pain as Mischief uncontrollably ran into him,forcing Jock to plummet into the sharp rocks barricading the bottom of the waterfall. All the pups could do was watch as Jock plunged into what they all thought was his death. Mischief was staggering to get up and almost immediately realized what he had done. That miserable day would linger in their minds from that day forward.