Chapter 11 Where Are the Other's?

Maximus might be more cheered up in a second. For his lieutenant, Alex, came with urgent news." What! Are you sure it's them! Send me to them now Patrick. Please let me see my pups!", Maximus and Christina yelped in sync. They rushed over like two lightning bolts in the night. Only to see a single set of dark, aqua, green eyes ." Oh my little Jock . I love you so much. But where are the others?", Christina managed to say through her and Maximus' tears of joy.
"Oh my gosh! My boy! Jock! What happened
to the others?", exclaimed Maximus.
   "We w-w-we were on th-th-the h-hunt near a cliff and Mischief ha-had wondered off then h-he bumped into me when he was running back and I fell off the cliff. Then these strange wolves with flowers in their fur nursed me back to health and helped me track your scent.", Jock answered.
"Do you happen to know how to get back to the cliff you fell from?", Lucy's mom asked.
" Yes I do and that's a great idea "
They were in a running formation headed towards the cliff to find the pups' scent there .
Finally after 7 1/2 hours of sprinting with short breaks they finally were towered by a large, black, stone wall covered in moss dry on the inside, wet on the outside near a deep river.
   " Pardon me Alpha Maximus , but how are we going to get to the top of this thing?," questioned George .
" Remember your hunting groups?",Maximus howled.
"Yes sir," the pack screamed.
" Group A go left of the cliff just off the side , Group B go right of the cliff off the side , Group C split up and go far around both sides , now go find a way to the top!", Maximus yelped . As the wolves scattered to find a way up Maximus was catching up with his son.
   " So how were you and the others?", Maximus asked.
   " We were desperate, starving, depressed and thought we were hopeless at first. Then we soon learned how to hunt , find shelter and even escaped the mighty grasp of an adult bear and survived a fall from a waterfall! Then we found this giant, red den thing with some cattle and chickens though they were almost dead. Inside we found this weird , furless , featherless creature . But on our way there we had stumbled upon claw marks on a tree with blood from Uncle Ron. It didn't smell of death ,but I have not seen him since before you were taken away. Is Uncle Ron really dead!", Jock said with a growing urgency.
   "No, he was just the one who escaped on our ride to the zoo . He probably just landed on a tree and scraped something.",Maximus replied.
   "Is a zoo the place whe-", Jock was cut off when his dad said yes .
   "Also how was your stay at the Sunset Flower Pack," Maximus said changing the subject.
   " How do you know their pack name?", Jock questioned curiously.
   " Well, when I was coming from the place I met up with this same pack some how and me and Findolph or Fin were great friends back in the day . So how are they doing?", Maximus asked.
" They were super kind and so intelligent in healing arts . Their doing great. Fin has a wife named Bridget and 2 kids Fiona and Brutus . They would always be looking for ways to help everyone," Jock responded ," I'm just so worried about the others. Oh where could they be?"