Chapter 14 Adopted?

Pup pack's POV
"The plan is to dig a hole in the place where the biggest dog in each kennel always sits . Only make the hole just big enough for them to fit. We Lay down on it when the Dog Catcher comes . As soon as he leaves we keep digging . Got it.", Nameless shared. We were all anticipating the moment we were freed. That night ,the Dog Catcher has brought the lady over again. She was wearing a light blue blouse with a few yellow flower designs at the bottom , a tan hat, sunglasses and navy blue jeggings . The Dog Catcher checked on us, saying that it was so sad to see us like this and that he loved us so much and coming into our kennels . Splat! On his brand new shoes! He yelled at us "BAD DOG! I hate you guys . I hate this stinking job!", he yelled . Right away in front of the kind lady. She did not like him anymore for what he did to us.
   Then he most peculiar thing happened. She spoke with the man in the front office, then she came over , opened our cages , and took all of us to her car! She freed us! We are free from that horrid dungeon! She drove us to a place where there were many houses aligned in rows but a lot of space in between. We all eagerly jumped out of the car. Free at last I hope my brothers are enjoying this." Oh here we go again ," Gabby predicted , "Lori!"
   She had been rolling around and dramatically acting like this was heaven. The only thing still missing, the forest and our pack.
   We could smell the fresh air, damp pine , fresh fruits from the garden. Each a distinct and delightful scent. We were let inside . The other dogs pushed through the door but Robert, Mischief , Lori and I stayed behind . Was this a trap .
   " Come on guys get in here . ", Michelle screamed. We cautiously motioned indoors. New and unfamiliar smells filled the air. I smelt the outdoors and I rushed toward it wagging my tail at it hoping for her to let me out. The door swung open and everyone ran out .
The joy did not last long . A painting gallery was in a small building filled with , wolf paintings. Tears shed down the pup pack's faces as they were reminded of their family . They did not eat or sleep that night. They just layers there , staring at the paintings.