Chapter 17 Behind Bars

Christina's POV
   I woke up behind ANOTHER CAGE ! How many times is this going to happen. Wait where's my Jocky , and where's Max . They are in separate cages from me ! I have other pack members here. Alex , George , Gracie , Bella , Zayra , Sydney, Philip , and Louis. Jock is with  all the pups and Alex's twin sis Lexi. Maximus is with Chloe, Billy , Fengo , Duncan , Izzy , Emily , Zack , and Regan . The rest of the pack was in another cage. We were all trapped again.
We went through the next 6 hours sleeping. The room was filled with a clatter as the guy we saw yesterday , I think, was coming in here with a braggart can. Out of it came slop that he put in bowls at the front of the cage. I rushed up and as he put the food in I bit his hand .
"EEEOOOOOOWWWW!", the person screamed , "Bad Dog! Looks like someone isn't getting fed tonight."
   Well jokes on you , you need new shoes and that is not food anyways. We needed to find a way out . Ooh ! Looks like someone already started a plan. "Alright everyone settle down. We will dig outta here okay . Find the hole that has already been started on and keep digging ." , I instruct .
   At night I can see a colossal circle , shining bright,  illuminating the night . The full moon. I know it will wake up the guard but I just have to. I start to howl and it looks like we all had the urge. A gentle bell goes off as I can smell another human come through the front office. Some words are said . Then tension rises in the man that works here's voice . Keys jangle in the door and a man that looks very formal in a suit walks in with the piece of trash they call human. I don't know why but he opened the gates to our cages . He told the garbage " These wolves are an endangered species , you can't make them suffer in this slammer. We must let them in the wild."
   I cautiously walked out after Maximus . The pack followed. The man lead us to the forest in 7 cars. The cages were unlocked. We were free. I smell my babies. My pups were here . And someone is with them. It is and adult dog , very protective I can tell by the smell of it. At least my pups aren't alone anymore . Let's just hope it's on our side. As I ventured into the forest there was fresh smell, of our pups. They were here today!
I looked over at Maximus, then the rest of the pack. By the look on their faces I could tell they could , too. We bolted to the trail.
   There , standing in the midst of the forest , my pups all grown up . Soon they were embraced with kisses from their parents.
   " I love you so much. Don't you ever leave us again. Okay. " I aforementioned , lovingly . 
   The rest of the day we were speechless after we said our I love yous . I was just overjoyed from finally being with my pups again. I had the dog follow us home . He was kind , sweet and let us do our family business before addressing us . Maybe he could be part of our pack. Time will tell all that happens.

Yay! We hit 250 reads . Thank you and please vote and comment !