Chapter 15 So Close yet So Far

Jock's POV
I was in Group A and arrived at the dog prison . I could not smell their scent . Wait . It just hit me , a distant scent was in the back of the run-down building that smelt of death, morbidity, famine ,loss and fear. There was no fresh scent of dog there at the time , but it had just hit my nose that they were in a distant place now and I think the others suddenly got it ,too.
   " We need to follow that scent trail . It is headed diagonal to the left of our current position. We will keep to the shadows . Move! " Maximus barked.
   As we went off we realized we should stay on this cream path . Giant metal, loud  monsters were moving quickly along the black path with loud music, a bomb of smells and a grey gas coming from the back . The beasts had people inside them.
The trail stopped at this building in a row of others similar to it. A large area was between each one , the place we stopped at was the only place with green grass and a well cared for garden. This was it . My siblings were here . We just need to get in and find them.
" Dad , how will we get in?", I asked .
" We'll have to wait. I can sense someone coming . And it smells like the pound . Right now we should go across the path and into the shadows," Maximus quietly suggested.
I saw a large dirty monster pull up by the building. A man walked out , he smelt like the doggy death domain . A lady walked out , angered. The man was trying to get something from her or maybe he liked her . Either way , we should avoid him. The lady walked back inside. He waited there still. We waited in the shadows he stood there still. One wolf in the back got really hungry. It made the biggest mistake ever .
They stepped on a stick and howled in pain.
The man looked curiously in our direction . Thank goodness he went back in his truck. Hold up . The stranger grabbed a long pole with a hoop at the end of it. He is running in our direction. I hear a whine . I hear another . Barks , howls , whimpers ... a cage door being shut . I dash toward the man. I bite the first thing I see. My fangs sink deeper , deeper blood . His shoe flings off. He yells and grabs me. A rectangular object is removed from his pocket . He held it up to his ear . Most of our pack escaped . Without warning 5 more big beasts moved in with the same logo on it
A long stick . Bang. Dizziness . Red fluffy needle. Pitch Black.