Chapter 8 Trouble in Paradise

Lori's POV
Last night was long,and probably the most boring day of my life. All we did was walk in silence. Though it was because no one knew what to say after...The Incident. It was dreadful. I just stood there paralyzed with shock. I want to blame Mischief,but I guess it was our faults too because we didn't mind him wandering off. Even though he could have gotten hurt,which I now realize. All I could think about was how it all came down to this,I mean Jock just fell off a cliff and we all know that he didn't survive and we lost our whole pack .My thoughts were cut off at the most delightful scent. I detected we all smelt it since we were wandering in the same direction.
I felt an emptiness inside me. Jock would have gave an order or command or an argument. Yet at the same time it was like nothing mattered when we finally reached our destination. It was a beautiful meadow like the one we had before. Except this time there a stream running through it,many small animals (which cleared out when we arrived),and an odd den. We were drawn to it.It had cave paintings all over it,and the ground,OOHHHH the beautiful ground,it had a stone covering the whole floor. It felt like walking on water from a pond as smooth as a fawn's fur. We saw another version of ourselves underneath us. My reflections were so enjoyable that when I felt like leaving,I wanted to stay. Plus,there were plenty rabbits,squirrels,deer and a great watering hole,which meant caribou. This was paradise.
None of us had noticed that our plentiful supply was always so slow and sometimes heading right towards us. We were entranced in the mirror,like it was a spell or something but still,that fact was ignored. One day a strange little mouse came up to us. And it spoke the wolf language.
She said this:
The pretty meadow you see today,were you laugh and frolic and play,shall not sustain but kill you today.
Then it just vanished leaving a puddle below .Our trance was broken.A sick feeling crept up my stomach."We were poisoned!" I shouted! I had an idea. Maybe the mouse left an antidote."Guys,let's drink from the puddle and get out of this place!"We drank from it and sprinted south. We slowly became weaker and the last thing I remember was hitting the dirt and black.

When I woke up,which was lucky,I felt even stronger than before. We thanked the mouse. I was grateful. We ventured out into the forest once more in search of our pack.

Thank you for sticking to this book . Be sure to hit that vote button and leave a comment. Thank you for reading.