Chapter 10 The Mourning

Switching 3rd person POVs between pup pack and pack
After the fight they were mourning for, what they thought was ,the loss of their dear five pups. The entire Blue Moon Pack thought that if they could hardly handle those poachers that those five pups would surly be dead and also others had lost their loved ones .Fred , Georges twin died of being shot , Lucy was choked , Evan got ran over ,Mandy was tranquilized but too old to handle it so passed away and a few others were killed as well. The 48 pack members were down to 39. Maximus walked with his head down ,would hardly say anything , and when it was time to eat he barely took half his normal share. "I failed once with my parents, now I fail again with my pups",he would say. The only thing that would be able to cheer these wolves up was if their pups and parents could come back to life.
Mischief was acting just like his dad but it was because he thought it was all his fault for the incident with Jock. He could not be convinced otherwise .If only Jock could come back. They had tracked their scent too a place of tall buildings that , wait , were just like the place of n the story dad always told them . " We found them, yes at last ." When they were dashing to the city a metal stick attached to a net like thing trapped them by their necks and they were forced into what They odd creatures called a truck. Lori was the first to be shot with the pointy feather thing that didn't kill her but put her into a deep sleep. The rest tried to dodge it but were too slow. Then it all went black.
They woke up in separate cages. Gabby shared a cage with a Staffordshire Bull Terrier named Bud, and a Bergamasco named Lillian.
Mischief was in a cage with a Laufhund named Michelle and a German Shepherd who had no name. Lori was with a Black Labrador Retriever named Lucy , and a Golden Retriever named Henry  . Robert was with a Norfolk terrier-Lhasa Apso mix named Pudsey , a Norwegian Vallhund named Toby , and a Great Dane named Danny. Nameless was scarred, physically and emotionally. Night 2 .Nameless said" You pups remind me of ... someone , I cannot mess up again I'll get you outta here. "
   The pup pack had expected Nameless to be mean and angry or annoyed , but they were surprised by the gentleness and optimism in his voice. The Dog Catcher, as they were told, was crisp and rude and only fed them once a day . The first night they were awake was lifeless and boring.