Chapter Eighteen

Pulling up to the house, David sat on the steps with Dakota by his side with a chew toy in his mouth.

David looked happy to see me. He even dressed up for me? He had on a tux? Where did he get that? It was black and white with a black tie that made his black hair even more black. His bright blue eyes stood out more causing me to tremble as I walked closer to him.

He stood up and smiled at me again making me want to melt into a massive puddle, sending shivers down my spine.

Didn't I want to tell him something? Something important?

Oh!
"David. Did you kill Ryan?" I asked crossing my arms.

He wrapped his arms around my waist pulling me closer to him. "No. I only threatened him remember?"

Relieved, I put my head on his chest. It even smelled new?

"David, where did you get the suit?" I asked, curiously smelling him.

"Daniel bought it for me, tomorrows my last day with you so I wanted to make tonight the best night of your life."
My eyes widened as I looked up into his sad eyes.

"Really?" I breathed out, watching him shake his head in reply.

"Now. Go upstairs and get dressed, we have a long romantic night ahead of us!" I half smiled up at him and broke free of his arms. Walking into the house a tear escaped my eye.

What now? It's too soon! I haven't even figured out how to break the curse yet. I tried looking it up online last night before bed but didn't get anywhere..

Now I'm going to have to pay Daniel back for that tuxedo..
Maybe?

Moving hangers I finally found my long black thin, strapless dress that hung down to my feet with a slit up my right leg.

I haven't worn it in years! The black floral neckpiece that went with it was still in good condition! I smiled as I lifted my hair up and clasp it together like a necklace.

Studying myself in the mirror, I looked beautiful. The red lipstick made my hair look even brighter, my brown eyes shined.

I'm ready!

Walking downstairs, Daniel stood in the door way wearing an apron over his black cargo pants and a kitchen towel hung over his right arm.

I must've took longer to get ready than I thought, I didn't even notice he was here.

"My lady. Follow me to your meal." His voice turned nasally as he tried to sound like some sort of butler making me giggle.

To be honest he looked like a dork, that alone made me laugh. He didn't seem to mind though? Did David put him up to this?

I followed close behind Daniel as he lead me to the doc on the lake. My mouth was agape once I noticed the beautiful table set up, with roses in the middle. David sat on one side of the table, I smiled at him as I took my seat across from him.

"Dinner will be out shortly."

Again with that nasally voice. I chuckled at him rolling my eyes. He bowed and headed back to the house.

"Are you putting him up to this?"

David winked. "Maybe."
Ugh he looked so attractive, right then and there I just wanted to skip the meal and just start kissing him. It was cute when he flirted.

"He's growing on you. Just like I said." I teased.

"You can't prove anything." He smiled lifting his glass of wine up to his lips. A look that seemed to be challenging me.

I lifted my hands up in surrender. "I'm just glad you like him. It's good for you to have friends!"

He just nodded as we noticed Daniel walking to us with a pot.
"So tomorrow what are we going to do my love?" I asked mesmerized by his eyes.

"I'm glad you asked. Honestly, since it's my last day. I want to hold you the entire time."

That sounds good to me, I love cuddling and I would love to cuddle him. Especially since I wouldn't be seeing him for another year as a human.

I sighed as I thought about it. I would still love him but it wouldn't be the same, I would miss him and my heart would ache for him daily. I would probably lose my job because I would be in bed all day depressed.

Daniel placed a pot of spaghetti in front of us and it smelled delicious, with a bowl of corn. "Who made this?"

David cleared his throat. "I was the best chef in town back in the day, when I wasn't getting in trouble and all that."

I watched as Daniel dished our plates, practically drooling over the food. It was clear as the nose on his face that he wanted some.

"Daniel, you're free to take some if you wish?"

He shook his head no at me. "I already did it's in the house." He turned on his heels rushing back to the house.

"Yeah. I do like Daniel. When we get married again, I want him as my best man."

My eyes widened as I tasted David's spaghetti, it was mouthwatering delicious! I've never had anything so yummy my entire life.

"Do you think we still can get married with the curse?" I asked brow raised.

"Yes. It's what I want more than anything. We will find a way my love."

He always knew the right words to say. I couldn't believe he was this perfect. This amazing!

Ten minutes later, Daniel approached taking our dishes away then coming back with delicious chocolate cake. Of course, there was a piece missing from it.

Once I was about done I lifted my glass to my lips, drinking the rest of my wine when something plopped on my tongue.

A ring? No way.
What!

I grabbed it out of my mouth and stared down at a brand new diamond engagement ring. My eyes widened as David removed himself from the table, kneeling on one knee.

I instantly felt a warm rush, my heart fluttered, butterflies danced gracefully in my stomach.

"Kendra Miller, my long lost love." He smiled warmly. "Will you make me the happiest man alive, and become my wife once more?"

How could anyone say no to something so beautiful. I stood wrapping my arms around his neck. "Yes David, I will. How did you get the money for the ring?"

He lowered his head, lips slightly touching mine. "A deal with Daniel, I fixed his car and he gave me the money to buy it with this thing called Amazon. He technically did all of it, I just picked out the ring on his magical device."

I pressed my lips onto his, embracing each other. I love this man, he was my everything.

The rest of the night, David and I cuddled in bed. Everything was perfect. Nothing else mattered, just him and I. Even though this curse will separate us for a while, our love will remain the same and strong!