Chapter 2

"Selena, one drink won't hurt."

"Laila, I'm supposed to be greeting guests. And you know I can't handle my liquor."

"We should be celebrating your new job also. This is the PERFECT time to."

"You're right, but let me just wait until 12 comes. The party really starts then."

"Who is this new artist anyways?"

"Well her name is Rocky Badd. She's 24 and from Detroit. Her music is good though from what I'm hearing now. There she is now."

"Her style is bad ass

"Her style is bad ass. I hope she makes it."

Selena P.O.V
I nod and look over at Andre and her. He's in her ear probably whispering sweet nothings but she seems to like it. I might as well get used to him flirting with almost every woman he comes in contact with. As Rocky gets ready to perform, a loud obnoxious woman comes in busting through the door.

"Hey, I need an inv-"

"WHERE THE HELL IS ANDRE?!"

"Rita? What the hell do you want?"

"So you going to act like everything is all cool after killing my own daughter?!"

"That's bullshit! Your daughter killed her own damn self and you know it! That shit was 2 months ago! Get the fuck over it!"

"Get over it?!?! How am I supposed to get over you killing my own precious daughter?! I hope you rot in hell!"

They continue arguing until the woman grabs a bottle of Hennessy and throws it at Andre. He quickly dodges it and starts to call security.

"Security, get her crack head ass out of here!"

"Get your fucking hands off me! Whoever works for this bitch, he will kill you to just like he killed my daughter Tamera!"

Selena P.O.V
This day keeps getting crazier and crazier by the minute. She looked unstable, but why would she be saying those things if it wasn't true? As they escort her, I see Rocky looks very worried on stage. I decide to go up there and try to calm her down.

"Are you alright?"

"Yeah, I'm just pissed that some crazy bitch would ruin my first listening party."

"You have a right to be mad, but don't let that distract you. You're going to go up there and kill that shit."

"Thanks. I'll try my best."

3 Hours Later

Selena P.O.V
As the night comes to an end, Andre comes up to me with a smirk. What does this nigga want now?

"Great work tonight Selena and good job calming Rocky down."

"Thanks. Who was that woman anyways?"

His facial expression changes drastically and says, "Just know her daughter didn't want to work with our record label anymore and wanted to do crack instead."

"Oh wow...I'm sorry I asked about it."

"Don't worry about it. I should be telling you stuff like this. But you have any plans for tonight?"

"Not really, just taking my friend home and getting some sleep."

"Want me to come join you with some sleep then?"

Selena P.O.V
This man is trying too hard to get with me, but it ain't happening.

"Nah I'm going to need all the sleep I can to be ready for work tomorrow. Especially after what happened tonight."

Selena P.O.V
As I get ready to leave, Andre pulls me to him and whispers in my ear. His eyes lock with mine. Looking deeper in his eyes, I notice they are filled with fury and wrath.

"Aye, just know this doesn't always happen."

"Ok, I'll see you tomorrow."

In the Morning
Selena P.O.V
As I hear my alarm ringing, I think damn, I have to go to work already. I get up and take a quick shower and go in the kitchen. As I am drinking some orange juice, I watch some tv when breaking news appear.

"Good morning CBS News, we have breaking news that singer Tamera Wilson's mother, Rita Wilson, has been found dead in her home. Investigators found a suicide note and suspect no foul play. 2 months earlier, Tamera Wilson was found dead from a crack cocaine overdose. We will have more information soon."

Selena P.O.V
I couldn't believe what I just heard. The lady I just saw a few hours ago is now dead. Could she not handle the pain anymore? As I was driving to work, I thought about it over and over again wondering what could have happened to her. This is just too damn much.