Chapter 7

Selena P.O.V
It's been 2 weeks since I was discharged from the hospital. I haven't spoken with Andre since the hospital incident, but I began to search for other jobs. Chris has been with me mostly ever since then but he's been acting kinda different. When I look in his eyes, his pupils are small. He also started wearing long sleeve shirts even though it's hot as hell outside.

Anyways, I went over to Chris' house and we talked while watching tv. Before I knew it, I was knocked out sleep. After I woke up, I noticed he wasn't there anymore.

"Chris where are you?" I got up and looked around the room, but there was no answer.

After I look upstairs, I go downstairs to look for him. I saw the door creaked open slightly in the bathroom.

"Chris I know you h-" I opened the door to smell something burning. He had a belt around his arm and a needle injecting himself. He looks up at me and tries to put it away.

"What the fuck are you doing?!?!"

"Hey, Selena, it's not what it looks like."

"Not what it looks like?!?! You're drugging yourself Chris!"

"It's just like weed relax babe."

Now all of it is coming together. He was wearing the long sleeve shirts just to cover his scars from the drugs. I shake my head in disbelief and walk out of the bathroom getting my stuff from upstairs.

"Selena, let me explain."

I ignore him and leave. I can't believe this nigga is a crackhead!!! He was too damn good to be true...and I really thought he was a good guy. This just keeps getting better and better doesn't it?

Andre P.O.V

"Thank you for your time."

The woman gets up and leaves. This finding a new assistant thing is not going well. No one is even close to Selena. I got to take a small break from this shit. I hop in the car and tell my driver to go to the Gucci store. When I spend, it gives me some type of relief. I look around at the belts to see which color I don't have. A nice white and gold one would go great in my collection. As I keep looking, I see Selena in the women's section. What is she doing here? I walk over to her and smile.

"Long time no see."

She sighs and looks at me. "Are you following me or something?"

"No, I just saw you here and came to speak."

"Oh okay. Hello." She continues to go back looking through dresses.

"So have you thought about what we spoken about last time or you still with the Chris guy?"

"We're not together anymore..."

I smile and move to her. "There's my opportunity then."

"Andre, I literally just got out of the relationship today. Give me a break."

I nod. "Well let me just apologize about firing you and that whole situation. I shouldn't have talked to you that way. If you want, your job back, you can come in and take it anytime you want."

She thinks about it for a second and says, "If I come back, you have to agree that you won't treat me like you "owned" me. And I want a raise."

I chuckle. I'm all about making agreements. "I'm fine with that, but you have to agree to go one one date with me. If you not feeling it, I'll lay off."

She looks at me crazy but I can tell she starts to outweigh her options. "Deal."

"So what are you doing in here?"

"Just looking at stuff. I always come in here to look when I have a lot on my mind. I don't really buy anything it just gets my mind off it."

Damn, this girl is really for me. She picks up a red satin shirt with a neck tie and holds it up on herself. She looks at the tag and then puts it back.

"Do you want it?"

"Kinda."

"Let me buy it for you."

"No, no, that's too much. I d-"

"I don't want to hear it. Get the shirt if you want. And anything else you want in here, I'm paying for it."

She tries to hold back her smile but I can tell she appreciated it. After she gets done, I buy both of our stuff. I can't lie, it was fun talking and shopping with her.

The Next Day

Selena P.O.V

"Does Andre Wilson have a new boo? Yesterday he was spotted with his supposed "assistant". This seems normal but the only thing that's weird is, he's buying her GUCCI!! What kind of "assistant" gets to get GUCCI? Is this just a random thing to show how he appreciates her work ethic or is she appreciating "something more"? Find out later on TMZ New!"

I watch the tv as I drink my coffee. I shake my head listening. They love making up things just to ruin people's lives. Why don't they have other shit to do? Before heading out, I look in the mirror to see if my first day back outfit looked nice.

 Why don't they have other shit to do? Before heading out, I look in the mirror to see if my first day back outfit looked nice

Damn I forgot I be looking good. Now let's go conquer the day.

Hey guys! Thanks for reading this Chapter. How do you think her date is going to go? Find out in the next chapter! Please give this chapter a like and comment! Thanks!
-April J.😚