Chapter 29

Selena P.O.V
"What about this dress Lena?"

She shows me a ball gown dress as I shake my head. "I don't really like that one. I really want something to hug my curves, like a mermaid dress."

"Ohhh, so you wanna look hoeish?"

I laugh and continue to look through the dresses. "Just a tad bit but a classy hoe."

"You are something else. What happened with you and Laila? I don't hear you talking about her anymore. "

"We fell out. Did you know she was the one who was taking the money from the club? I trusted her but she did me so dirty..."

"I know, just like how I put my trust in Tina. Did you confront her about it?"

"Ye, it's all good now. I don't have to worry about her anymore."

She stops looking through the dresses and looks up at me whispering, "If what I'm thinking what you did is right, you better watch your back Selena."

"Mmcht, I'm fine and like I said it's all good now."

She shakes her head and goes back to looking through dresses. "You can catch an attitude all you want, but I'm serious. Everything comes to light eventually."

I ignore her and continue to look through the dresses.

Many of the dresses I saw were nice but I didn't see any that made me think, "This is the one."

Finally, I spot my eyes on one of those dresses.

"What do you think of this one?"

She nods and says, "I think it looks nice

She nods and says, "I think it looks nice. You should try it on to see what you think."

I take the dress in the dressing room and try it on. Without looking in the mirror I come out and show my aunt as she gasps.

"What do you think?"

"It's beautiful... I can't believe you are getting married." Her eyes start to get watery as she continues to look at the dress.

"Auntie don't cryyyy, your going to make me cry."

She sniffles and smiles saying, "I know, I know. You're just growing up on me. You look just like your mother; so beautiful."

I smile looking in the mirror at myself. "I think this is the one, let me get my purse to pay."

"No, I got it, I got it."

I go back in the dressing room and change back into my clothes. I take the dress and go to the register.

The cashier rings the dress and says, "Okay, your total is $7,580."

My aunt widens her eyes. "Come again?"

I take my card out. "Auntie I got it if you don't want to."