Chapter 24

Selena P.O.V
"I'm sorry Ms. Hall, but your account has insufficient funds."

I stand up from the couch and walk around my aunt's living room while on the phone with my bank.

"I'm sorry, but I haven't withdrew any money from the account since last month."

"From your previous bank statements, this is not the case Ms. Hall."

I sigh and shake my head in confusion. "Okay, I will be making a visit to settle everything."

As I hang up the phone, I go in the kitchen where my aunt sits on the counter. "Everything alright?"

"No. Someone is withdrawing money from the account to the club."

"You don't think it's Andre do you?" She pours her tea in a mug and looks up at me cocking her eyebrows.

"It can't be. He doesn't have the card or the account number."

She shrugs and places the cup down after taking a sip. "That doesn't mean anything. Doesn't his god mom work there?"

"Auntie they wouldn't do anything like that. I trust them."

"Mhm. All I'm saying is keep your eyes open. People will do anything and I mean anything for that money."

Before I could respond, the doorbell rings and my aunt goes to get the door.

"Hey baby, come on in." She closes the door and walks back in with Dana.

"Hey Selena."

I smile slightly and tell her hello.

"Now Dana, I have a question for you. If you found out that someone is taking money from your account and you don't know who it is, what are you going to do?"

I hate when she tells other people my business and ask for "advice" about it to other people.

"Well I would ask you or friends I spend a lot of time with. It's always the people you're close with who do things like that."

"See! I tried to tell her babe but she just doesn't want to listen to her auntie."

I get up and place my purse on my shoulder. "I'm listening auntie. I'll keep my eyes open like you said but I have to get going."

"I see you trying to leave when I'm telling the truth, but love you."

Freshly Inc.

"What you mean someone been in your account?"

"Like I said Andre. All I was trying to do was withdraw money from the account and they tell me I have insufficient funds."

I roll my eyes as he stares at his phone not paying me any attention.

"Andre did you hear me?"

He looks up and nods. "Yea, I did. I'll get it straightened out for you."

I shake my head and sit up in my chair glaring at him. "I'm just going to ask you this, do you know anything about the money?"

"You really going to ask me that shit? I ain't did nothing with your money Selena."

"All I did was ask, calm down."

"Nah you just making me mad accusing me of tak-"

Alice comes in stopping Andre and I's conversation before it gets out of hand. "Selena, Laila is back to see you again."

I widen my eyes in surprisement and tell Alice to let her in. Before Andre leaves, he tells me, "We'll talk about this later."

It just doesn't make sense how he became so riled up if he didn't take the money.

Laila comes in my office and sits down across my desk. After everything that went down with Darius, what is she doing back here?

"Selena I came to apologize..."

"Apologize for what?"

She looks at the floor slightly and utters, "You know why. I'm apologizing for how I came at you and Andre about Darius. I should've known something was going to happen with him being a drug dealer, but not by you and Andre. I honestly trusted you Selena... why didn't you tell me?"

The hurt was coming back seeing my best friend question my intentions.

"I honestly didn't know you two were dating Laila."

"But that doesn't give you the right to kill someone even if we weren't together. But it's all good, that's why I came to make things better between us."

I nod and smile. "Well I accept your apology and I'm sorry also. I missed hanging out with my bestie!"

We give each other hugs and continue to catch up talking about both our busy lives. The weight has finally been lifted off of my shoulders.

Hey guys! I hope everyone is staying safe from the Rona😭Who do you guys think is stealing money from Selena? Is Selena too naive for being friends with Laila again? Find out in the next few chapters!

P.S, Black Lives Matter✊🏽✊🏾✊🏿❤️