Chapter 18

Selena P.O.V
Its time to go to work after Andre and I's argument yesterday. All I want to know is what he has to say about the whole situation.

Shaderoom and TMZ has been talking about it lately and I really don't feel like going through the crowds of paparazzi outside of the record label.

As I'm getting ready to go, I get a call from Laila. I try to go get my phone, but it went to voicemail when I answered. I'll just call back on my lunch break.

At Freshly Inc.

I park my car in the parking lot as I see the crowds of paparazzi outside the door. I put my shades on and prepare myself to go in.

"Selena, Selena, where is Andre?!"

"Selena, did you leave those scars on Monica? I see you also have bruises on your face!"

I walk past them and use my I.D to go in. I see Andre talking with his sister at the front desk.

"Hello."

"Hey." He tried to walk away to avoid talking but I take his hand and lead him over to the side.

"I have a question."

"What is it?"

"What do you have to say about yesterday?"

"I mean, I t-"

I stop him there because I can tell he was about to tell a lie. "Be honest with me."

He looks around and lick his lips as he goes into his office. It's like he doesn't want others to know how he truly feels.

He looks in my eyes and say, "I want to apologize for yesterday, but I'm really telling the truth when I say this: we didn't do anything. And I'm going to be honest, it crossed my mind but I didn't do it."

"Mhm." I walk around his desk and look away.

"What does mhm mean?"

"It's like at times, I feel like I can't trust you knowing how you were before we got together."

"I know what you saying but I really want to make this work. I'm trying my hardest."

Ugh, it was times like this that made me know he truly was a good guy.

"I forgive you."

He smiles and tries to pull me into a hug but I push him away softly.

"Uh uh, don't be doing that after we made up after a argument."

"Alright alright, but you know I love you." He looks in my orbs and wraps his arms around my waist as I look back at his sultry but comforting orbs also.

"I love you to." I smile softly and give him a small peck on the lips.

He goes over to a box and takes out some weed. "I went to my weed man and picked up something new. Want some?"  He rolls it and lights up as he looks over in my direction.

"Yea, how is it different from the rest?"

"It's rainbow kush. It's pretty good, it kinda taste like skittles." He laughs and take a long hit from it.

I chuckle and take the blunt from him. "Skittles you say?" I take a small hit just to see how strong it was, but he was right, it did taste like skittles. I smile at the taste and take another but longer hit.

"Wait a minute now, shit, this ain't no regular weed, this shit gonna get you high as fuck."

"Oh relax." I pass him back the blunt knowing I was more of drinker than a smoker.

He takes another hit as he pulls my face to his gently as he kisses me, exchanging smoke between our kisses.

His succulent lips against mine felt nice but they were getting lower and lower until he reached my breast. Before anything could get started, Alice had opened the door.

"Oh my god, I know damn well y'all ain't having a little sex back here!!"

"Alice, what the fuck you want!?"

"I just had to tell you Selena's friend, Laila, wants to see her."

I button my shirt back up and tell Alice to let her in.

When she comes in, her eyes are filled with fury as she storms toward me. I can tell she has been drinking some by the strong smell of alcohol.

"You are a fucking liar!"

"What are you talking about?"

"You killed Darius! I knew something was suspicious after he told me he was coming here but he never came back. My cousin is Andre's bodyguard and he told me everything. And you acted f...fucking clueless when I told you about h-him!" She pushes me as she starts to cry more.

I try to go closer to her to comfort her. "Laila, I'm sor-"

"Don't touch me! Save your damn excuses for someone else because I don't want to hear it! You were supposed to be my best friend and I trusted you!" She pushes me again while Andre called security in.

"Security get her out of here!"

The only thing I could do was stand in shock as Security tried to drag her out the room as she yelled at me.

"Ever since you got with this nigga, you've brought hell everywhere! I hope you and him rot in hell where y'all belong!"

After they get her out the office, there was a silence between Andre and I. Some of the things she was saying were true. I was a terrible best friend for lying about everything. I was going to tell her eventually, but I didn't want her to figure it out like...this.

Andre broke the silence and said, "You killed him so we can live our lives. If you didn't, we wouldn't be here now. Don't you dare try to think about what you should or shouldn't have done in the past. It's done now and we can't do shit about it."