Chapter 30

Selena P.O.V
"I still can't get over the fact you don't have any bridesmaids."

I look over at my aunt and shrug. "I don't have friends, just acquaintances. All I need is you and Roxanne. Family is the only thing I can trust around here."

The makeup artist moves my head upward to apply the setting powder under my eyes.

My aunt sighs from my remark even though I was just telling the flat out truth. After a few minutes, Roxanne comes from the dressing room and smiles. "What do you guys think?"

I stop eating my Twix bar and look at her in shock

I stop eating my Twix bar and look at her in shock. I have never seen her dressed up but she looked damn good. "Girl, ain't nobody told you to step on our necks like that."

Roxanne laughs and fixes her hair in the mirror. "It's a special occasion so I had to. You're looking good to though Linda."

"Thank you, it's just a little something, ya know?"

While we were getting ready and talking, the wedding planner comes in our room and announces, "Um, Ms

While we were getting ready and talking, the wedding planner comes in our room and announces, "Um, Ms. Hall, I'm afraid we have some bad news."

Looking up from my phone, I ask, "What is it?"

"The rings are missing..."

"What the fuck do you mean they're missing?!"

"We can't find them but we are on it right now Ms. Hall." Before I could say anything, she scurries out the room.

I roll my eyes and shake my head feeling agitated. "This is not the damn time for the rings to be gone. The wedding is about to start in 15 minutes!"

I pick up a glass of wine off the serving tray to try to ease my mind.

Before I take a sip, my aunt comes over and takes the glass from me. "I don't need you drinking putting you and my great nephew or niece in danger."

"It's just one glass."

"Nope, I don't want to risk it. Just breathe in and out, everything going to be alright."

I sigh heavily and lean back in the chair as the stylist continues to fix my hair. I wonder what Andre is doing right now.