Part 19 - Ronald 3

The best collecting was done the day the MacDonald's returned home from Murray's Inlet. After Christmas, there was always a goldmine of electrical items glistening on the roadside, just waiting for Ronald. He would always spend the afternoon of their return, trawling up and down the street bringing home all manner of electronic and mechanical treasures. In his shed, he would stack the items in like piles; kitchen based items on shelves along the left wall arranged by type and size, the component parts of dismantled items arranged on labelled shelves, TV's, gaming and audio equipment against the back wall, and miscellaneous items, stored on the shelves above his workspace. His workbench has several rows of drawers containing his tools, all immaculately maintained and stored in perfect order. On the wall hung an itemised list of all the parts he required for his master project. Ronald spent countless hours in his shed/lab dismantling his bounty, studying the inner workings of the everyday items we all use without giving any thought to the intricacies of their innards. He had gotten exceptionally good at repairing out of action gear and making it work like new. Ronald could almost always turn 3 broken items into 2 functioning ones, and then make something useful from the leftovers. A great many of the treasures Ronald picked up were not-wanted rather than not-working, especially those picked up during the post-Christmas bonanza. Ronald had begun experimenting with his gadgets a little while back, changing parts from one object to another, adding parts and changing the function to make new Frankensteinian machines.