Ice Skating and a Confession

Chapter 8

William and I were then on the ice. William was struggling the keep balance, so I interlocked my arm with his to steady him. I started to skate slowly, as to allow William to gain his balance. It didn't take long for him to get a handle on skating.

"Once you know how to do it, it becomes rather tedious." William stated drily.

"We could try something different? I propose a contest!" I exclaimed.

"What is this contest?"

"We just have to get the other person past that line" I pointed to the middle of the lake." Whoever wins has to do a favour for the other. Sound good?"

"It's adequate." I then materialised his scythe and passed it to him. I then counted down from three, and the contest began.

Third Person POV

William was the one who made the first move. He lunged forward, but Athena swiftly dodged. Athena then grasped his shoulders, and jumped above him. She kicked him towards the line, but he used his scythe, to steer him in her direction. Whilst he regained his balance, Athena swept her foot under his legs, causing him to fall. He then did a back flip, and attempted to kick her in the stomach towards the line. She grabbed his leg, and threw him. He attempted to readjust  his scythe, but as it touched the ground, Athena kicked it out of the way, causing him to fall on the other side. Before he hit the ground, a soft mattress materialised under him. As soon as he landed, it dematerialised.

Athena's POV

I walked over to him and held out my hand. He took it, and stood. "Well fought!" I complimented fondly. "Not well enough." William grumbled.

"Don't be like that, you were amazing."

"Not as good as you. I've never seen a technique like yours." I looked away and blushed. "Well, are you hungry?" I asked.

"I'll survive."

"Come with me." Our arms interlocked and we teleported in an alleyway. We strolled out onto a bustling street. It had begun to snow. I looked around, and saw a nice crepe stand. We went over, and I asked William "What would you like?"

"Bananas and caramel sauce."I went over to the person at the stall and requested bananas and caramel as well as nutella with diced strawberries. He offered to pay but I flat out refused. We started walking down the street with crepes in hand. I took a bite out of mine, as William took a bite out of his. "Ummm this is lovely! Would you like to try some?"

"I think that would be highly improper.."

"Oh come on Will, it's lovely!" I interrupted. He then bent down to take a bite out of it. "So...?"

"It's sufficient." I smiled at him.

"Would you like to try some of mine?"

"Yes please!" I then took a bite out of it. "Amazing!" William then blushed, but only briefly. "Oh, did Will just blush?" I teased mischievously. 

"It is merely cold."

"Huh-huh." I said, disbelieving. We continued to walk around until We came across this quaint jewellery shop. I looked through the window and saw a silver ring with a green aventurine stone (a quartz associated with luck) in it. I ran into the shop, leaving a bewildered. I bought the ring and went outside. "Why did you run in there?" He inquired seriously. "Here." I gave him the bag. He opened it up and took out the ring. "It's a silver ring with an aventurine quartz. It symbolises good luck. And it matches your eyes."He looked at the ring, then at me. "You didn't have to..."