Broken and Scarred

Chapter 10

Warning: it's going to get really depressing, and there will be sexual and violent themes.

Athena's POV

The girl and I were in the palace. I took her to my bedroom, and materialised some new clothes for her. "Would you like a bath?" I asked her. She just nodded, silent as the grave. I took her to the en suite and started to run the bath. "Do you need any help?" She nodded again. I then bathed her and put the clothes I had got earlier on her. She had remained silent for awhile, clearly traumatised. "What's your name? Mine is Athena." She then turned to look at me. "Maylene.." She whispered. I nodded to indicate I heard her. "I'll get you something to eat." I smiled. "Stay here, ok?" She nodded in reply. I then made my way to the kitchen, getting some yogurt and strawberries from the fridge. I then made my way up to the room. When reached the door I could hear crying. I walked through the door, and I saw the Major talking to her. "How did you feel when you saw the death and destruction unfold around you? If I were you, I would be positively thrilled! Seeing the grace Athena had, and the passion behind those blood red eyes would have and did send shivers down my spine. How did you feel, when you saw your loved one destroyed on the ground, laying in their own blood?" I was appalled. The girl had been though enough. I went to the Major and grabbed his arm. He looked back at me, and smiled widely. "Speak of the Devil."

"I'm sorry about that, Maylene. Please excuse us for a moment." I apologised. I practically dragged him out, and closed the door whilst placing the yogurt to her in one fluid movement. "My liebste, I.." He was soon interrupted by a slap in the face. He turned back to me, hand clutching his reddened cheek. "Don't you ever talk to her. Don't even look at her. I will find out if you do. And if you do, I will kill you without hesitation." I threatened.

888

The Major's POV

I was ogling at her. When she slapped me, and glared at me with those swirling red eyes, I got goosebumps. When she threatened me, I became aroused. This dangerous woman, I realised, was the one for me. In all my years I did not expect to ever get this feeling. Instead of thinking of it as a weakness, I thought of at as a strength. I wished for her to ruled beside me, to be my empress amongst the carnage we create together. It was then I knew she was the embodiment of war, war that I loved. It was clear to me that she was noble, kind, ruthless and barbaric. She displayed no mercy to those who opposed her. She truly lived by her name. She then went into the bedroom again. She would be mine. I would make sure of it.

888

Athena's POV

I slammed the door and sighed. Honestly, that man. Maylene had eaten her yogurt. Her eyes were red and puffy. She looked at me, ran and hugged me. She started crying again.

Flashback:

Pain. Anguish. I was tied up, and held in a cell. I was with a large group of girls at all ages. Many were beaten and bloody. I heard whimpering and screams. I crawled to the bars, looking for a way to escape. My eyes widened into disks. What I saw was horrifying. There were girls tied up. All were being presented to a potential buyer. Some wanted to "test out their product." Many of the girls were whipped and clobbered. The candles were the only light source, but made everything brighter, highlighting the horror that laid before me. Blood coated the walls like paint, and the cracks of the stone floor were filled also. Many of the girls were not only undergoing whipping, but humiliation also. The room was chaotic, as many argued aboutthings that I did not understand. There was a girl beside me who was the same age as me (8 years old). I crawled over to her. "What's your name?" I asked, trying to distract both of us from the frightening inevitable." Shiloh." She sniffled. "I'm Athena." I sat next to her, and we both remained silent. "You know, I never had a sister. I never really had a family who cared or loved me. They never spoke to me. But you, you talked to me. You were interested in my name. Please be my sister!" Shiloh implored. I leaned against her. "Of course I will be, sister."