Time for a Party and an Adventure

Chapter 11

Athena's POV

I telepoted into my bedroom, took a shower and got dressed. After all of that emotion, I was exhausted. But, I knew the medicine that always seemed to work: PARTIES!

I made my way through the palace until I found Queenie. She was at her desk, writing documents. I took a chair and sat beside her. She looked up at her work, and asked "What do you want?"

"Who said I wanted anything? I am offended!" I feigned surprise.

"I've known you long enough to know what you look like when you want something. Now spill."

"I was wondering if we could have a party?"

"It's happening again, isn't it?"

"Its starting to." I bent my head down solemnly.

"OK..."

"Thank you! Please can we have a masquerade party, please?" I begged.

"Fine." I hugged her tightly.

"I'll let everyone know. I'm guessing tonight?" I nodded. "Now please let me get back to my work." As she said this I made my way outside of the room. I felt as though I need some air, so I mad my way outside into the garden. There was an expanse of rose bushes, as well as bluebells. I then saw Yui and Maylene were looking at the flowers. "Hey guys!" I shouted in greeting. Maylene turned around and ran to me. I picked her up in a loving hug. I carried her near a tree in the distance to lay under. I but her down as We both laid on the soft, green grass. Yui then came and laid beside Maylene. We laid there for awhile, looking up through the green leaves and into the blue sky. "Would you like to bake a cake with me, Maylene?" Yui asked. Maylene nodded. "Would you like to join us?"

"No, thank you. I think I'll stay out here for awhile." They both bid farewell and left. I closed my eyes, basking in the warmth of the sun. I heard footsteps approaching, but I didn't open my eyes. The person then laid beside me, and spoke, "You OK?" It was Sylar. "No. I never was, never am, and never will be." I answered truthfully. "That seems rather cryptic."

"Only to those who do not understand." I looked across to him, finally opening my eyes. He nodded. I resumed looking up at the sky. The palms of my hands were on the soft grass. I then felt something touch my right hand. I looked towards Sylar as he held my hand. He looked at me, a sincere smile on his face. I smiled back, and again began to look at the sky. "There's going to be a party tonight." I informed. "It's going to be masquerade themed." He nodded in reply.

"Thank you, for defending me earlier." He appreciated. He squeezed my hand lightly. "People like us need to stick together. Those who do not understand paint us as villains, and so we eventually become them. And because we do, it is immediately all our fault, not the actions of those who do not understand or those who are deemed as heroes." I said. He then leaned over me, looking into my eyes. "What do you know about me?"

"Everything. I know you kill for people's powers, I know you killed your mother."

"How?"

"I have my resources." I answered vaguely. He then laid back down. We laid there for awhile in a comfortable silence. My eyes closed, and I drifted off to sleep.

"Athena."

"Athena" I woke up to someone calling my name. As I opened my eyes, I saw that Sylar was on top of me, looking concerned. I titled my head, confused. He stroked my face with the back of his hand. "Are you ok?" He asked.

"I'm fine thanks. Just fell asleep. Why what's wrong?"

"I thought you'd died. I couldn't fine a pulse." He answered, relieved.