Nine

I walked into the student lounger, and walked straight over to my boyfriend, who had Fangs on one side, and the arm of the couch on his other, Toni sat on the other side of Fangs. I didn't say anything as I dropped my bag to the ground and laid down, putting my head in Toni's lap.

"Tired?" I heard her soft voice break through the air, with a small chuckle. I nodded my head "Yes, but I like having a job, makes me feel better compared to having to ask Fred for gas money while moms gone" I said before rolling over to be on my back, as she played with my hair "Don't do that, I'll fall asleep" I said, but she laughed as she kept doing it, and I didn't fight back.

"Do you work today, baby?" I heard Sweetpea ask, as he rubbed my legs a little bit. "No, I work Thursday-Sunday, some FP works Sunday-Wednsday, but I did ask" I let out a small yawn "And he said he'll switch me days for Prom, and graduation" I said while my eyes closed.

I opened them, and glanced between Fangs and Sweetpea "Hows cleaning up the Wyrm?" I asked with a cheeky smile. They both picked up a job at the Whyte Wyrm, being paid by Cheryl to clean up every night after everyone leaves, they talked to Wheaterbee and now their first period was Study Hall instead of last hour, that way they could sleep in or come sleep at school.

"It's not too bad, actually" Fangs said, and Sweetpea added on "It's not that hard" I nodded before turning on my side, and putting my face in Toni's tomach, causing her to laugh. "Caden, I'm sorry about Friday! Oh my god, I-" I turned to see the three running in, and I shrugged "Betty, you did nothing wrong, besides tell me you were happy for me" she smiled, and gave me a small nod. "I'm sorry too, I just didn't think you'd ever work at Pops" I shrugged "Kevin you're fine" I said, waving my hand at him before turning and putting my face back.

"Well I'm not sorry, you were a rude, foul btich to me" "Veronica, you were mean to her first.. You deserved what she said" I nodded and stuck my arm up, setting up as I sat on one of Fangs legs, and turned to them. "It blows my mind that you even had the guts to laugh at me for getting a job, like who the fuck are you? Your mom worked there, but you're gonna make fun of a high schooler for having a high schoolers job? O-fucken-kay" I said, rolling my eyes.

"Fp works there, so are you saying he has a high schoolers job?" "Yeah, I am but he's doing the best he can in this shitty town, while your mommy and daddy only came here so they could try to buy Riverdale and have one giant fucken SoDale, so it would be daddies and he could do whatt he wanted, news flash, bitch, you don't belong here, and neither does your corrupt fucking parents" I said, as I watched her face fall, before running out of the room.

I ignored Archie running after her after calling me a bitch, and laid back down in the three Serpents lap. "That was-" "Hot" Sweetpea cut Toni off, but I didn't respond. Instead, I tried relaxing.

---

I walked through the front doors of my house, walking straight to the kitchen where I tossed my bag on the counter. I opened the fridge and pulled out a cream soda, while taking a drink from it. "How was school, Caden?" I turned around to see Fred, and I gave him a small nod "It was fine" I said, but was cut off by the door opening, and slamming shut.

"Are you fucking kidding me, Caden!?" I looked to see Archie bounding in, looking angry. "You really had to take it all that far!?" "She deserved every fucking word I said, and I'm not sorry!" "Well they're fucking moving! To California! Are you happy now!?" "Fuck her, and her family, I don't care!" "That's my girlfriend, Caden! I don't know if you realize this or not, but I love her!" "Just like you loved Ms.Grundy!" I shot back.

"Why are you such a bitch!? I'm your step brother, Caden! Shouldn't you try to put these differences away for me!? I put mine away for Sweetpea!" "My step brother, exactly! My opinoun on Veronica shouldn't matter, because even if you were open about your hate with Pea, I wouldn't fucking care! And you wanna know what!? Veronica told me last month they were movng to California, because she was asking me how to explain it to you! So, them moving isn't my fucking fault!"

"Both of you! Cut it out! Archie, go to your room, or go somewhere! I'm sick of the two of you fighting!" "Fine, I'll fucken go!" Archie shouted, before throwing his school bag on the ground and heading to the front door.

I heard it open, before it slammed, and a loud crash and glass shatter following it. The tightness in my stomach fell, and so did my face as I looked at my feet. I felt Fred move an arm around my back, before I turned to him and fell into his chest, my arms around his middle as his went around my neck and he held me into his chest while I started to cry.

I didn't like fighting with people I cared about, it upset me because I felt like it was all my fault, and if I would have left my mouth closed it would be okay...