Eighteen

I slipped on one of Pea's red and black plaid button ups over my bathingsuit before putting on some white flip flops and making my way into the kitchen. Today we were having a bar-be-que for us getting our house. I just sent the two boys to pick up a couple of things while I got things ready.

Ribs were put on the grill as soon as I woke up, but when they get back they're gonna start making burgers. I've also had corn in the husks on the gril, wrapped in foil with butter in it all day. I put the hamburger meat into a big mixing bowl, and started to put seasoning in it, before putting on some rubber gloves and mixing it up. I heard the front door open, followed by some laughter and the crinkle of plastic sacks being carried.

As I started to make patties with the meat, and place them on a rectangle plate when the two boys emerged and sat the bags down, all of us trading a hello. "I don't know which one of you are gonna start the burgers, but you need to change" "Can I at least get a kiss first?" I rolled my eyes and tippy toed when Pea walked around, giving me a kiss before both bys ran off.

As I put the bowl in the sink and tossed the gloved in the trash, there was a knock on the door. I ran over and opened it to reveal my mom, Fred, Archie, Moose, and Ethel I let them in before I rann back to the kitchen where I put open the packages of hot links and hot dogs, and put them in a bowl by the burgers just as the two boys came back into the kitchen, now in bathingsuit bottoms.

Mom and Ethel stayed in the kitchen while Fred grabbed the burgers, Pea grabbed the weiners, and Moose was grabbing a fork and spatula before the group ran into the backyard. I grabbed the stuff to make some queso while I put some sausage on a pan and started to cook it. "What can I help with Cade?" Ethel asked,a nd I nodded my head to the block of cheese "Can you cut that up into small cubes so it cooks faster actually" I asked, and she nodded while grabbing my cutting board and a knife.

Mom was started to make some salsa before making some guacomole. When I moved the sausage to a pot, and put the cubes of cheese in it, with some milk there was a knock on the door and I ran to open it, letting Alice, Fp, Jughead, Betty, and Kevin in. We all made our way into the kitchen, before Fp and Jughead went to the backyard.

Mom, Alice, and I rushed everyone else out of the kitchen before we finished up cooking and I called Moose and Fangs in to help us carry the dips and such outside to the table.

Soon, Fred said the meats were all ready and we pulled everything off and places it on the table, along with everything to put on it. I sat on the side of the pool with my feet in as I ate some ribs and a burger, Betty sitting beside me as we talked about random things.

"Betty can I ask you something" I ask as I whip my mouth off with a napkin mom had given me. "Whats up?" she asked before taking a drink form her soda. "How would you feel about being my maid of honor" I ask, she didn't reply as she squealed and dropped her plate beside us annd wrapped her arms around my neck, causing me to laugh as I sat my plate down and hugged her.

"Either she's pregnant or she asked her to be her maid of honor" I laughed as I looked up at my brother, hearing Sweetpea choking on his food from beside him. I shook my head "I'm not pregnant" I said and Fangs laughed as he slapped his back. "Of course I'll be your maid of honor, Caden" I smiled before we hugged again, and I tipped us into the pool, as she let out a shrill scream of laughter just before we hit the water.

---

I laid in bed after my shower, in just underwear and one of Pea's shirts while playing on my phone, as I heard the bedroom door close. I looked to see Pea had just walked over from our bathroom and closed it so he could get dressed. He slipped on some grey boxers before laying in the bed beside me, where he grabbed my phone and put it on the table behind me. "I was playing on that" I said, and he smiled before leaning down to kiss me.

I wrapped my arms around his neck, and played with his damp hair before he pulled away. "I love you" I smiled "I love you too" I replied as he laid down, and pulled me against his chest. "Moose scared me earlier" I chuckled and looked at him "Well I'm not pregnant, so don't worry" "Good, because I'd rather wait a bit longer" "Yeah, and I'd rather be married for a bit" I added, and he nodded before kissing my forehead.

I was so inlove with Sweetpea, it was unreal. I was so happy to start a family with him in Riverdale, our home.