Sixteen

This morning, Mom had woken Sweetpea and I up, telling us that the landlord of the house we were moving into, said we could move in a little early, like this coming week early. We were really excited, and he called Fangs to tell him while I showered and got dressed. When I got out of the shower, Sweetpea was downstairs eating breakfast with my step brother, step father, and mother so I joined them. Last night Moose had stayed the nigh at Ethel's.

I sat across from Archie at the table, beside Sweetpea while picking up the glass of orange juice and taking a drink. I didn't waste anytime to scarf my food down, not realizing how hungry I actually was. Mom had gone to see the house one day, while I was in school. She explained it was just barely on the Southside of town, "It has two and a half bath, two bedrooms, the kitchen is adorable, the living and dinning room are spacious, and the backyard, OH wait until you see it" mom said as she rested her hand on my arm.

I chuckled before finished up my food, being the last one not done eating. "We can go see it if you two want" Mom said as she stood up, and started to pick up everyones plates, causing Pea and I to stand up and help while Archie and Fred were in their own little world. "I'd like that, but are you gonna shower before or after Pea?" "Before, I'll go do that now. Are my clothes still-" "Top left drawer" I said as I took his plate from his hands.

He kissed my forehead before he headed to the stairs. Mom and I carried the dishes into the kitchen. We sat them in the sink before mom decided we go to her office and pull our her wedding books and look into them.

----

The house was perfect for Fangs, Sweetpea, and myself. Fangs had joined us to look at the house, and the landlord met us there to show us around. He said on Monday, he and mom could meet up and sign all legal papers, and she could pick up the keys for us. He had two sets of keys, but he said we could get another made if we really needed it.

We have to furnish everything besides the backyard, which was fine with me. Since its a couple, and a single moving into the house, Fangs said that Pea and I get the master bedroom, which had a master bathroom inside that I fell in love with upon seeing. There was also an basement that was furnished with a pool table, and a few chairs at the bar top.

I think my favorite was the backyard, and the landlord said we could get a dog if we wanted, which I wanted to. Mostly because I gave Buttercup to Fp as a Christmas gift since everytime he came over, he would barge into my room and take him anyways.

Fangs and Sweetpea went to their trailer, while mom and I went home to pack my things. Well, I was packing my things and mom decided to go look at furniture stores with Alice. "Archie!" I shouted down the hallway as I turned back on my heels and started to box more things up. "Yeah?" I looked up to see him drying his hair with a towel, another around his waist and I rolled my eyes.

"Will you help me pack?" I asked while walking over to open my bedroom closet. "Yeah, let me get some clothes on first" I nodded as I heard his feet pad away from me. I picked up a big trash back and tore a hole in the bottom, before slipping it over as many clothes as I could, tying the bottom while using the hangers that now hung out of the hole, to put it back in my closet.

I repeated my actions until there were no more clothe son hangers to be seen, before I sat on the floor and started to toss my shoes in as I watched Archie walk in. "What do you want me to do?" I pointed at the stuff on the higher parts of my walls "Get that down, and put it in a box" I said before putting more shoes into the box until it was almsot full. I closed it up and got out of the closet.

As Archie and I packed up my bedroom, all that was left was a change of clothes for tomorrow, and a hoodie to sleep in when I heard my mother come in, shouting she pretty much found everything for the house, making me roll my eyes as I heard her heels coming up the stairs. Archie said he was meeting Betty at Pops so he left while I packed up my bathroom and mom joined me.

"Do you wanna see everything? I took photos" "Uh, yeah how about over dinner?" I asked while taking my body washes to a small box.