Six-Janurary

I fiddled with my promise ring as I drove towards the cemetery. I had my radio turned down as I pulled into the sixth of nine rows, and started driving, watching each tombstone as I went around 5mph. When I seen my brothers name, I quickly stopped the car, slammed it in park, and turned it off.

I grabbed the two cream sodas from the passenger seat before I got out, and I shut my door before walking over and sitting down, right in front of his tombstone. I opened both of the sodas, and sat one on the cement piece beside the flowers while I took a drink from my own.

As I sat there, I stared at his name before I started to talk. I told him about everything, from Moose slapping me, to Reggie cheating on me. I even told him about being with Sweet pea, and everything that happened. I used to come out here a lot more after he first died, and just talk about everything.

After an hour, I finished my drink and decided to leave. When I stood up, I whipped my butt off before kissing the top of the tombstone and walking back to my car. I sat my empty can in the cup holder before I started the car up and started to navigate away from the cemetery.

I made my way to Pops, where I parked my car and went in quickly. I looked around before noticing none of my friends were here so I went and sat in a booth alone. "I'm guessing you want a coke to drink, bbut what to eat" I looked up to FP and rolled my eyes as he grinned. "Can I actually get a vanilla milk shake and onion rings" I said, and he nodded before walking off.

I stared at the ring on my finger, thinking about my future. "Here's your milkshake, the onion rings will be a minute or two longer" "Thank you Fp" I said as I looked up at him, and he gave me a smile before pointing at my hand. "Sweet's already ask you to marry him?" I looked at it "In a way, yeah. It's a promise ring" I said, showing him and he grinned at me, making me roll my eyes.

"Just tell me if I everneed to set the boy straight" I rolled my eyes again, this time with a laugh before I walked towards the kitchen. "Caden!" I looked up to see Ethel walking over, and I smiled at her "Hey" "My mom is bugging me to start looking at prom dresses already! I was hoping you'd go with me?" she said as she sat across from me.

"Yeah! I'd love to, but I meant to ask, are you gonna get a pass for Moose?" "Yeah, we were talking about it last night, I'm gonna get one Wednsday when we go back to school" I nodded as FP came back and put the onion rings infront of me before getting an order from Ethel.

"What color are you thinking?" I asked, before biting into an onion ring. "No clue, but I was thinking what if we went out with a bang? Giant ball gowns!" I nodded "Yes, one hundred percent, yes I'm in" "Yay!" she squealed happily, clapping. I laughed "Let's go tomorrow!" I said, and she nodded her head. "Just us? Or should I invite the others?" "Invite them! But, let's like not see each others dresses, I wanna be surprised" "Agreed" I nodded and she smiled.