Chapter Forty

Jasmine

I rubbed my growing belly as Lani, Briana and Isaiah sat around the large king bed that was in mine and Jeremiahs hotel room. We were currently in Detroit as the Heat had a game up against the Pistons at this very moment. Usually the four of us were courtside, but due to both Lani and I feeling exhausted thanks to the flight over, the boys agreed to let us watch the game from the hotel. Briana and Zay were suppose to go however, since explaining to him that Lani was carrying his sibling, he has been stuck to her hip and therefore refused to leave without her. It was absolutely adorable how attached he had already grown of his baby brother or sister and any worry of him feeling left out had flown out the window.

"Have you guys decided if you want to find out or wait?", I asked Lani once the halftime buzzer went off and the boys jogged back into the locker room, "We are still deciding. I kinda want to know so that way I can do the whole colour theme and stuff but I think Tysons a little nervous to find out", Lani sighed with a small smile as she helped feed Zay eat his nuggets and hot chips that we ordered from room service. Briana was laying on her stomach in front of me as she painted my toes a pretty pink. Since my stomach had gotten so large I hadn’t even been able to see my toes, let alone bend down to paint them.

"He’s still nervous about it maybe being a girl?", Briana questioned as she broke her concentration and looked up at Lani. Nodding her head, Lani pushed her curls behind her ear before clearing her throat, "Yea, I mean he hasn’t said it out loud that thats the reason why but I kinda suspect it. I can’t blame him though, I know he is just so scared that karma would come around and his babygirl will get hurt the way I was", Lani explained as we all became silent at the sad thought. Poor Tyson was the strongest man we knew, but when it came to his family, he was at his weakest.

"Im not even going to lie, hearing about Tysons fears always breaks my heart", Briana frowned as she closed the pink nail polish bottle and replaced it with the clear colour, "Oh I know and what makes it harder, is that its so hard to convince him otherwise. Like once he has an idea in his mind, he sticks to it", Lani sighed as she grabbed a napkin and wiped the sauce that had decorated Zay’s entire mouth.

"What do you want it to be?", I asked quickly, trying to steer her mind away from those sad thoughts. Instantly her eyes lit up and I couldn’t help but mirror her smile, "Id be happy with either, but low key I’m hoping for a girl", She whispered with excitement, "If it is, then our baby girls could be best friends", She added as I chuckled at the very thought, "All we need is for B to pop one out and then they can be the fabulous four", I beamed as Brianas head snapped up immediately and started shaking it.

"Oh hell no, what I tell yall? Ace and I ain’t having no babies any time soon, there will be three new babies in the crew and thats more then enough", Briana laughed as Zay unexpectedly slipped off the bed and began jumping around in his spot, "Toilet?", Lani questioned causing him to nod his head instantly. Sliding off the bed, she leant down and picked up his small body, flashing us a grin, "Duty calls, enjoy your relaxation time while you can", She chuckled as she headed out the room and towards the bathroom.

"Ace can barely take his own self to the toilet, there is no way we are ready for a kid", Briana laughed as she shook my head and finished up with my toes, "How is living with him going?", I asked as she sat upright and began fanning my feet, "No different, I guess because we practically spent all our time at each others it just seems natural now", Briana shrugged as I smiled at the thought of her and Adrian taking the next step in their relationship. A month ago they decided to move in together and 2 weeks later, Briana’s apartment was up for rent and she was moved into Adrians mansion that wasn’t to far from where J and I lived.