🌹The Beauty's Fate🌹

After talking to the Oracle of Delphi, King Chanyeol went back to the palace with a heavy heart. The fate of his son was terrifying. Imagining his son getting killed by a hideous serpent because of the goddess's wrath towards Taehyung was a nightmare he couldn't wake up.

He went inside the palace's gates and the guards greeted him with a bow. He got off from his horse and he heard running footsteps heading towards him.

"Father! "

King Chanyeol's heart broke when he heard his son's voice. He wanted to to cry.

'Maybe this will be the last time I'll see him. ' He thought as he took a deep breath to prevent himself from crying and faced his son with a small smile.

The king saw his beauty smile turning into frown, feeling worried.

"Father, what's wrong? "

King Chanyeol shook his head and let out a fake smile. "Nothing, my son. I'm just tired from travelling. " He said softly and patted his blonde hair before heading inside the palace, leaving Taehyung worried for his father.

The king went to his and his husband's chamber and went inside seeing Prince Baekhyun looking out of the window.

🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹

Baekhyun heard the door opened and he looked to see Chanyeol went inside their room. At first, he was smiling, happy to see his husband came back from the trip but then frowned when he noticed the gloomy expression on his face.

He stood up from the bed and walked towards his husband, cupping his face with his hands. "What's wrong, Chanyeol? " He asked worriedly and unexpectedly, in return for the question, the king cried. Baekhyun led him to the bed and sat him down.

He went in front of him and knelt down, cupping his face and wiped his tears. The king grabbed his wrist that was on his face and rubbed his thumb on his knuckles. "I-I spoke to the Oracle of Delphi.... " The king said softly and the prince furrowed his eyebrows. "And? What did she say? " He asked and the king looked at him with broken eyes, more tears started to fall from his eyes.

"O-our son..... O-our son.... " Baekhyun encouraged to continue and the king took a deep breathe then he sighed shakily. "O-our son.... Will not be with us soon. " Baekhyun's eyes widened as fear and confusion appeared on his face. "W-what are you saying? " He whispered.

King Chanyeol then recalled the prophecy,

"Dress your son for his funeral and put him at the edge of the cliff, there, he will be taken and be killed by a fiery winged serpent that the gods fear the most, including Zeus himself."

Baekhyun covered his mouth as he let out a loud gasp and shook his head in denial on what he heard. "No, no, that can't be true! " He exclaimed and let out a sob. "I'm sorry, my love." Chanyeol whispered and hugged his husband who was crying his heart out. Baekhyun buried his face on the King's abdomen and wrapped his arms around his waist. "There must be a god who is mad towards Taehyung and it is the only way to ease their anger, whoever they are. " Chanyeol said while running his fingers through his husband's hair.

Baekhyun looked up at him with never-ending tears. "I don't want to lose Taehyung, h-he's still eighteen. " Chanyeol wiped his tears away and rubbed his cheek. "Me too, my love. I don't want to lose him too. "

Then the both of them let out the tears as the prince cried more because losing a son was the most painful feeling of their lives and it's hard to bare that agony.

Little did they knew, that the young prince was eavesdropping behind the door, leaning on his back. Tears falling like waterfall, while his hand on his mouth to cover up his sobs.

🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹

Taehyung knew that there's a god who has a grudge on him. He was scared to face the hideous serpent and be taken, what's worse, killing him.

He took a deep breath and knocked on his parents' door. A soft 'come in' was heard and he went inside to see his mother wiping his eyes and his father, smiling sadly at him. "Taehyung, come here. " The king beckoned him to sit between his parents and complied. King Chanyeol patted his curly hair as his mother held his son's hand, playing with his fingers.

"Taehyung, I-" Then Taehyung cut him off. "I know, I heard your conversation. " The parents' eyes widened and Baekhyun stopped playing with his fingers. Taehyung smiled sadly at them. "One of the gods is mad at me, right? So I'll do it to ease their anger. " He said and his mother started crying, shaking his head.

"N-no..." The prince whispered and Taehyung wiped his tears. "I have to, mother. It is the only way, who knows what they'll do when they're mad. " He said and both of his parents hugged him as they let out their tears and comforted each other.

🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹

The wind blew strongly at the cliff. Taehyung was now at the edge, looking down. He heard a sob and turned around to see his mother, Prince Baekhyun sobbing while holding onto King Chanyeol.

He walked towards his mother and hugged him. Prince Baekhyun hugged back tightly and cried on his shoulder. "I'm going to miss you, my son." He whimpered and Taehyung blinked his own tears away to prevent from falling. "I'm going to miss you too, mother and father. " His father, Chanyeol hugged them both and the three of them released from the hug.

Taehyung then walked towards his sisters and hugged them. Jennie and Jisoo hugged their little brother back. "We'll miss you, little brother. " They both said at the same time. They pulled away and he looked at his family. He smiled at them. "Go home now. " They hesitantly left to go back to the palace, leaving Taehyung there on the cliff.

He sat down and looked at the sky. Taehyung pulled his knees to his chest and rested his head on his folded-arms, wondering.

"What's going to happen next? Am I really gonna get killed by a monstrous serpent? "