- ᴄ ʜ ᴀ ᴘ ᴛ ᴇ ʀ 1 -

I brushed a strand of hair away from my face as the cool wind brushed against me. The sky was dark and somber, but that didn't stop me from walking in the middle of the night. No one would find me.

Not like they even cared anyways.

After walking endlessly, I finally made it to a fairly small house on a high hill. It only had one room, but it was good enough to fit the four of us. I knocked three times on the small brown door and stepped back.

"Passcode?"

"Firefly".

The door immediately opened to reveal a quadret of people sitting in a circle. I climbed inside and sat by a blonde girl with hazel eyes. She moved her bag and came closer to me.

"Where were you Y/NN?? We were almost gonna cancel tonight!" Ivy exclaimed. Her eyes stared at me for what seemed like ages, which made the rest of the group silent. It wasn't the best move to talk to her when she was this excited anyways.

"It was too dark outside, I couldn't see that well," I lied. She eyed me carefully, which made my face flush with embarrassment.

Um--

She finally nudged me and chuckled. "Chill Y/N, you look like a tomato".

"As usual" Nicolette piped up beside me. She lit up a cigarette and scrolled through her phone. She swiftly brushed a strand of black hair behind her ear and scrolled on her phone. "Shut up," I snapped at her while lighting up a cigarette. I exahaled a puff of smoke and put it back in my mouth.

"So why did you call us again? I got better things to do than to stick with you guys" Nico said while he lit up a cigarette by his sister.

"Like what? Fortnite? You suck at that game anyways" Captain spoke aloud--

Ding.

Everyone stopped what they were doing and stared at me. I picked up my phone and read the message out loud.

Mom: Where are you guys?

Me: Taking a walk in the city. Why?

Mom: Be home soon. We need to talk.

"You guys better make this quick or my mom's gonna beat me," I said as I sent her text.

"Since when did you care about what your mother says? Is it that time of month again or--"

"Shut up Nico," I said as I eyed him carefully. Nicolette nudged me hard and put her cigarette down.

"Hey, watch out Y/N, last time I checked you didn't have a bad mouth--wait, that was always," Nicolette said and she extinguished her cigarette.

"So what'chu gonna do? Fight my knees?" I barked back at her. She was shorter than me by an inch, but that didn't stop her from being the best fighter here.

So what if she could fight? I didn't care.

"And what'chu gonna do? Fight the top of my head?" She flashed back at me as she stood up. I stop up right with her, but before we could even swing at each other, Ivy and Captain pulled us back down.

Ding-

Mom: Y/N, GET HOME NOW!!!!

"All of you are a pain in the neck, I hope you know that," I said as I left the group behind. I could hear them calling back for me, but what was the point of staying? Not like they had anything important to talk about anyways.

So why did I even come in the first place?

I have no idea.

- End of Chapter 1 -