- c h a p t e r 1 4 -

"Jimin, spill it,"

"I-It's nothing Y/N, ju-just a little nervous about the date, that's all,"

I eyed Jimin carefully. He rubbed his neck carefully and blinked his eyes nervously.

If only I hadn't went through my father's books.

I knew he was lying. My father had studied them back when he was...living. He was the only one--besides my grandfather, aka: his father--who could tell. The only problem with it is that when you find out the truth, it hurts.

Doesn't it hurt for everyone?

Another problem was that Ivy, Captain, and the twins; Nico and Nicolette, were excellent liars. I haven't been able to figure out any of their lies--not like they had any; yet. So if they had any thing under their sleeves, I probably wouldn't have noticed.

The hurtful part was that Jimin wasn't a good liar.

It's not that it breaks trust--not like I had any in the first place, you can't really trust anyone to be honest--it's just that it makes things even more suspicious. Was he lying all along? Was he cheating? Does he know anything I that I don't?

"Jimin," I said as I played with my fork. "I'm going to give you one last chance, and hopefully you'll take it...are you lying to me?"

He shaked his head. "No, i'm not,"

Ding,

Before he could even grasp it, I snatched his phone from the table and read the text message that was sent to him.

'I'm getting the weapons ready,'

From Nico.

I slowly looked up at Jimin in shock and dropped his phone on the floor. A tear dropped down from his face.

"Y/N, I can explain,"

"Save it," I said as I wiped a small tear from my eye in a calm voice. "We're done here,"

"No, Y/N, let me explain, it's not what it seems! Just let me talk...please-,"

"Car. Now,"

---; 🍓 ;---

"Babe, please listen to me,"

I tapped on the car door absent-mindedly as Jimin held my other hand. He intertwined them together and kissed my hand lightly.

"Look, before I explain everything, just know that this has nothing to do with me going against you--"

"You're making it obvious that it is," I perked up. Jimin took in a deep sigh and leaned in closer. He placed a small peck on my cheek and held my hand tightly.

"This isn't about you, Y/N, this is about Nicolette,"