Prolouge

Copyright © 2018 Nicole Mckoy

Traci P.O.V.

I stepped off the elevator as I arrived at my fiancé's law firm. I had a bottle of champagne in my hand ready to celebrate.

I had just gotten the promotion I'd been waiting for my whole career. My bosses called me into the conference room and offered me the opportunity to become a partner with the firm. I was so excited.

They said to talk it over with my family and give them my formal acceptance after Christmas break.

For the next two weeks my fiancé Beck and I were set to go on a romantic cruise. We had waited all year for this two-week vacation. We would be leaving tomorrow morning and be back by New Years Eve. We always celebrated New Years in the city and watched the ball drop in Time Square.

It had become our tradition.

New Years Eve was the night we first met and New Years day was the day we shared our first kiss.

I could still remember being a new resident in the city and going to bring in the New Year with some girlfriends at a New Years Eve party. I had met Beck at that party.

At first I assumed he had to be taken. I mean he was already a partner at his family's law firm. He just success the first second I met him. He was in a custom made grey suit. His hazel eyes captured me first. They have a hint of green in them and I swear that moment when he first looked at me I melted.

Beck is mixed so he's got a tan complexion. His mother is Cuban and his father is white. He has a very clean cut goatee and his ears are pierced. He keeps a diamond stud in each ear. Apparently he use to have a tongue ring in high school but once he got to college he got rid of it. He knew he couldn't be taken serious as a lawyer with a tongue ring.

Sometimes I wish I knew him back in his wild days. His friends always talk about how I reformed their bad boy.

But if we're being honest Beck was already reformed by the time I met him. He's always been a gentleman and treated me with the up most respect.

I noticed the office was quiet. I figured Beck would be alone. He had just finished a high profiled case and I knew he'd be staying late to make sure all the paperwork was filed properly.

I headed down the hallway and as I turned the corner to his office I unbuttoned a couple buttons on my blouse.

I had driven over here straight from the office. So I was still in my work clothes. Which consisted of a black pencil skirt, cream-colored button up blouse and black blazer. My blazer was in the car though. I also had on my stable black designer high heels that were an anniversary gift from Beck.

Beck and I have been together for six years. When I moved to New York I was twenty-four and I'm thirty now. We met a short time after I moved here.

Beck is two years older than me. He's thirty-two.

As I made sure my cleavage looked good I approached Beck's office door.

The door was already cracked opened as I got to it.

I was about to knock but stopped myself when I heard faint sounds coming from inside.

"YES... YES.. YES BECK... YESSSS," I heard a female moan.

I pushed open the door and didn't see anyone by Beck's desk.

I slowly scanned the room until I spotted what I thought I'd never see my fiancé doing.

Beck and his assistant were fucking against the wall next to his bookshelf.

I could tell things must have gotten hot and heavy quick because a few of the books were already on the ground surrounding them.