Chapter 11

Copyright © 2018 Nicole Mckoy

Jacob P.O.V.

"What do you mean you think he's here for Traci? Who is that man?" I asked worried.

"Jacob it's really not my place to say. You should talk to Traci about it," Laci said as she walked behind the bar.

"Well I'm talking to you. Laci tell me who that was," I said.

"I really don't know... all I know is you should really talk to Traci," Laci said.

"Laci you asked me just a while ago if I knew anything about Traci's dating history in New York. I said no. But do you?" I asked.

"I really don't want to be in the middle of you and Traci's relationship," Laci said.

"Laci I'm asking as a friend. Tell me the truth. Do you know who that guy was?" I asked again.

"Jacob I don't want to hurt you. I told her to tell you herself," Laci said.

"Laci please just tell me!" I begged.

"He's Traci's fiancé!" Laci blurted out.

I laughed.

Laci had to be kidding.

"Fiancé. Real funny Laci," I laughed.

Laci didn't laugh. She just gave me an apologetic look.

"Fiancé!" I said in shock.

"I'm so sorry Jacob. I wanted her to be the one to tell you," Laci said.

"How long have you known that Traci has a fiancé?" I asked not trying to get angry.

"I happen to overhear her talking to him on the phone when I went over to your house to pick her up. She told me they're over," Laci said.

"Well does he know that?" I asked.

"I don't know you'd have to ask her," Laci said.

"Well I'll go do that!" I said.

I shook my head in disappointment and left the pool hall.

I was so confused.

Traci had a fiancé?

That couldn't be. I mean she was with me.

There had to be a reasonable explanation for all this, right?

I got into my truck and called Traci.

Her phone rang a few times then went to voicemail.

I had to talk to her. I had to know the truth. I had to know who that man was to her.

I started my truck and pulled out of the parking lot. I headed back to Traci's mother's house to get to the bottom of all this.

Traci P.O.V.

I dried off then put my robe on.

I had showered and was about to get dressed.

My mother was currently showering in her bathroom. We had decided we'd spend the day together.

Since Jacob wasn't coming by to pick me up until later that left me with some time to spend with my mother.

I walked over to the dresser and picked up my phone. I saw that I had a messed call from Jacob.

I was about to call him back to see what he wanted but the doorbell rung.

I knew my mother had to still be in the shower so I just went to see who was here.