Chapter 19

Copyright © 2018 Nicole Mckoy

Traci P.O.V.

The day after Christmas Jacob and I took a flight to New York. I had booked us a hotel even though I'd have to go back to my condo to get some of my things.

I wasn't looking forward to possibly running into Beck.

Hopefully he was out with his friends, out of town, or just out.

"Are you sure you don't want me to go with you?" Jacob said as he sat on the bed.

I stood between Jacob's legs and had my arms around his neck.

He held me by my hips.

"I'm sure. If Beck is there I don't want some huge scene between you two," I said.

"I won't start anything with him if he doesn't start anything with us," Jacob said.

"Jacob just stay here and wait for me," I said.

"Ok," Jacob said.

I leaned down and kissed him.

I then left our hotel room so I could head to my condo.

I took a cab to the condo and the whole ride over I was nervous.

I didn't know if I should have texted Beck first to see if he was home or just show up.

I really didn't want a scene. I just wanted to grab a few of my things and leave as quickly as possible.

Beck and I had a condo that we'd purchased together. We had discussed either keeping it or selling it for a house once we were married.

But considering that we weren't getting married anymore I knew we'd have to discuss selling the condo.

The cab driver arrived outside my condo building.

I paid the driver then got out with my suitcase.

I headed inside and the doorman said hi to me.

I past by the front desk in the lobby and headed up the elevator to the floor my condo was on.

Beck and I had gotten this nice high-rise condo. Our condo was in this nice building with amazing staff.

It was fancy.

It had been an investment for us.

I got off the elevator and walked the down the hall.

I got to the front door and used my key to get in.

I opened the door and walked inside.

I rolled my suitcase inside and as I closed the door I heard footsteps.

"You came back," Beck, said surprised.

I turned around and saw Beck standing in nothing but a towel.

It was clear he'd just gotten out of the shower.

"Yes I came back for my things," I said.

I headed back towards our bedroom and as I passed Beck he grabbed me around my waist.

"Baby don't be like that. We've had time apart. You've had time to relax. Come on now forgive me," Beck, pleaded as he held me against him.

"Beck let go," I said as I tried to push his hands off me.

I pushed Beck away and went back to the bedroom.

I got to the bedroom and saw our bed unmade.

Had he just gotten here or had he been here awhile? Had he had another woman in my home?