Chapter 9

Copyright © 2018 Nicole Mckoy

Traci P.O.V.

"I'm kicking Robby's ass over there at pool," Jacob said.

Jacob came up behind me and quickly kissed my cheek.

I giggled and he took a swig of his beer. I looked at Laci who glared at me behind the bar.

Jacob and I were out at the pool hall with friends tonight. We were all just having fun but I felt gilt in my gut. After Laci confronted me about Beck I never talked to Jacob about it.

I just didn't feel like I needed to bring it up.

Laci said Jacob needed to know but I didn't see why.

I mean Beck and I are over and Jacob and I are back together.

"When are you going to tell Jacob?" Laci asked.

"Can you please drop that," I said.

"What are you two talking about?" Staci asked as she walked up behind the bar.

"Nothing," I said.

"Traci had a whole fiancé before she came back here and slipped back into bed with Jacob," Laci said throwing me under the bus.

"Laci!" I shouted annoyed.

"He deserves to know! Jacob has been through a lot and he doesn't need you lying to him," Laci said.

"I'm not lying!" I said defending myself.

"Traci I love you like a sister but you are wrong for not tell him you were engaged up until the moment you showed back up here," Laci argued.

"You were engaged up until you came back? What happened?" Staci asked.

"I'm sick of this! I'm done talking about it!" I said annoyed with the topic of Beck.

I got up and went over to the pool table.

"Jacob can we go," I asked.

Jacob put the pool stick down and turned to me.

"Baby what's wrong?" he asked concerned.

"I'm tried and just want to go," I said as I wrapped my arms around him.

Jacob hugged me and kissed the top of my head.

"Sure let me go pay the tab then we can go," he said.

"Can I have the keys to your truck?" I asked.

"Sure... Traci are you sure you're ok?" he asked.

"I'll be fine once we're out of here," I said.

Jacob gave me his key and I walked out of the pool hall.

I couldn't believe Laci was sending me on a gilt trip. Beck meant nothing and wasn't a topic I wanted to even discuss with Jacob.

Beck hurt me and the last thing I wanted to do was rehash that hurt with Jacob. Jacob didn't need to hear about my troubles with another man.

I wish Laci could have just dropped the subject.

She's always been the pushy type. Ever since we were kids.

I walked outside and went to Jacob's truck. I got in the truck and waited for him.

I waited for a couple minutes then Jacob finally came outside and got in the truck.

Jacob started his truck and backed out of the parking space.