Chapter 18

Copyright © 2018 Nicole Mckoy

Jacob P.O.V.

I woke up on the rug in the living room in front of the fireplace with Traci resting her head on my chest.

I ran my hand down her bare back and kissed her forehead.

She looked so beautiful and peaceful.

I was so glad we worked things out and talked last night.

Now we could have a good Christmas day together.

I didn't want to wake her so I got up as I gently moved her off me.

She stirred a bit but I pulled the blanket over her naked body.

I grabbed my boxers and pulled them on.

Just as I was going to go to the bathroom I heard a knock at the front door.

I grabbed my pants off the floor and put them on.

I walked to the front door to see who was here.

It was Christmas morning. Who was up this early and at my house?

I unlocked the front door and opened it.

I saw Laci standing there.

She was in a coat and had her hair down in curls. She had a gift bag in her hands.

"Merry Christmas Jacob," she smiled as she took a step towards me.

She hugged me and I hesitantly hugged her back.

"Merry Christmas. It's very early. What are you doing here?" I asked.

"It's Christmas and we always spend Christmas together Jacob. I'm here to exchange gifts then we can head over to my place for breakfast like we usually do," Laci said.

I looked towards the living room and saw Traci still sleeping.

I took a step outside with Laci and closed the door.

"Is there a reason we're not talking inside," Laci asked as if she already knew the answer.

"Traci's inside sleeping," I said.

"I saw her mom's car parked by your truck... I figured," Laci said a bit sad.

"I'm sorry but I won't be spending Christmas with you and your father this year," I said.

"You're going over to Traci's mother's house?" Laci asked.

"Yeah... I want to spend as much time as I can with her before she leaves," I said.

"Then what? Once she leaves are you going to come crawling back to me?" Laci asked.

"Laci-"

"Jacob I have been so understanding and so patient! I have been here for you when she never even cared. I know I encouraged you to share your feelings with her but that was before I found out she had a whole fiancé in New York. She moved on from you Jacob. You deserve to move on too!" Laci said.

"Laci she broke up with that guy," I said.

"So she says! Who is to say when she gets back to New York they don't work things out! Think Jacob! She sucks at long distance relationships! She broke your heart once she'll only do it again," Laci warned.

"Laci that kiss the other night shouldn't have happened between us. I think it stirred up old feelings you might not have let go of," I said.

"Jacob don't say that," Laci said as she reached for my hand.