It's Finally Over

It had been five days since Niall went missing; it was the longest three days of my entire life.  I didn’t feel like eating or getting out of bed, but they all made me.  “It wasn’t healthy for the baby” Liam would say.

Well, I didn’t even care.  I just wanted Niall, without him this baby wouldn’t have been here and, it’s hard knowing I may never see him again but I will have the baby to remind me every day of him. 

Niall hasn’t called since the one night and I was worried, and it has almost been a week without him.  I miss him at night the most, that’s when I am all alone and I am left with my thoughts to take over my mind.  We even drove all over the place trying to find any evidence of Niall or Jason but it was no use.

“Emma, dinner is ready” Harry called from the kitchen.  He had been cooking all of our meals recently and tonight was spaghetti.

“I’m not hungry” I replied.  I was lying though, I was starving.

“You have to try and eat” he insisted.

I pouted but came out of the bedroom anyway.  “Why haven’t the police called” I complained.

“They are trying their best, they will find him” Liam assured me.

We all were sitting around the table when a loud knock came on the door; Liam got up to see who it was. 

He slowly backed up with a scared expression; he turned back for a split second and looked at me, ‘run’ he mouthed.

I got up out of my seat and ran to Niall’s room, slamming the door behind me.  “Where is she” I heard Jason’s voice yell.

He was getting closer, I could tell.  There were footsteps outside the door and I instantly held my nonexistent baby bump yet.  The door opened, “Where is he” Jason yelled at me.

“What are you talking about” I asked.  Jason had apparently seen me holding my stomach.

“He got you knocked up?” he asked bitterly.

“Jason, where is who?” I asked again.

“Pretty boy was gone yesterday when I got back, I thought you came to save him” he said getting confused.

“Niall is gone?  He didn’t come home, where is he” I was going crazy.

This was a crazy scene, to add to it I heard police sirens in front of the house.  Finally Jason would be caught, just knowing that put me a little at ease. I still wanted to know where Niall was though, why didn’t he come home yet?

Jason was looking around like he was about to run when we heard the police yell, “Come out with your hand up or we will shoot.”

He looked at me one last time, giving me a death glare.  He didn’t move though, and I heard the door get broken down.  “This is your last chance, step away from the girl and we won’t shoot” the cops were saying.

Jason started to run but the cops were way faster than him, the gun shot sounded and his lifeless body fell to the floor.  Just then the police came in to check if I was okay, “Yeah, he didn’t touch me” I explained.

I went out to everyone to show them I was okay, “Niall escaped yesterday” I said, “I don’t understand, why didn’t he come back” I asked starting to cry.

“He will come” Kyleigh promised.

“Try to call his phone” Danielle suggested.

Of course why hadn’t I thought of that sooner?  I quickly dialed his number and waited to see if he would answer.  It rang a few times, right when I was about to give up he picked up.

“Emma” he asked.

“Yes Niall, it’s me.  Where are you” I begged for an answer.

“I didn’t know if it was safe to come back yet, I am at a friend’s house, don’t worry I am safe though” he said.

“It’s safe, Jason did come here but the police finally got him.  They had to shoot him and well… he’s dead” I said quietly.

“Oh that’s great baby, I will come right over okay?” he asked.

“Please” I replied.

“What’s the matter love?  Everyhting is fine now, he can never hurt you again” he tried to comfort me.

I couldn’t tell him on the phone like this, I had to wait until he came over.  “We will talk when you get home” I said trying to hold back the tears.

“Okay love, see you in ten minutes” he said before hanging up.

“He is coming over” I said.  I should be more happy, but I really can’t help it just hasn’thit me that I am free of Jason for good now.

“Now will you please eat” Harry pleaded.

I sat down at the table and looked at the food in front of me.  I swirled my fork around in the pile of spaghetti and took a huge bite. It tasted really good, the hot food in my mouth, the savory taste.  “Harry, it’s really good” I said honestly, taking more bites and soon every last bit was gone.

“Now we officially have another Niall” Zayn laughed.

“I ate a lot before” I pointed out.

Zayn shrugged, “Yeah you ate it, but not that fast like you did just now.  You just inhaled your food pretty much” he was trying to hold back belting out laughing.