Ch: 4

It's been a few days since everything happened, the energy shield, and the girl I saw in my vision. I haven't seen her since then but I have been wondering about what she had said about using both sides of the force. Right now, I was looking through the temple archives trying to find anything about it but came up empty handed. I started debating on whether or not I should ask the librarian about it. What's the worst that could happen? I asked myself as I approached her.

"Hello." I greeted the librarian.

"Hello." The librarian told me. She was a sweat old woman, with greying hairs. "Do you need something?"

"I was just wondering...? Is there anything about individuals who could use both sides of the force?" I asked her. After a few seconds of her staring at me, perhaps wondering about why I was even looking for something like that. "I know that the Jedi use the light side and that the Sith use the dark side, I was just wondering about if there was an in between?"

"If there was information like that here, I'm afraid it wouldn't be in this section of the library." The librarian asked me. "It would be in the temple vaults, which are only accessible to members of the Jedi council."

"Oh...alright...." I told the woman. "Thanks for the help, anyways...." With that, I turned away from her and started to walk out of the library. However, that was before I noticed that Master Yoda was in the library, within listening range from me and the old librarian.

"Over here, padawan." Master Yoda told me from where he was sitting at one of the tables. There was nobody else around here which was quite strange. "Come, sit...." He said once I got closer to him. I sat across the table from him and waited for him to speak. "The knowledge you are searching, what is...?"

"I-I had a vision about this girl, a few days ago." I started to tell him.

"Vision of what?" Master Yoda asked.

"She-she made a barrier, out of energy in front of her. I barely understood what she told me." I told Master Yoda.

"Tell you what, she did?" Master Yoda asked me.

"Basically about her being able to use both sides of the force without either side affecting her." I told Yoda.

"Know who she is, do you?" Master Yoda asked me.

"She said she was a Jedi called Ashlyn, she said that she had lived about 3000 years ago." I told Master Yoda.

"Very long ago, that was." Master Yoda tells me. "Contact you, why did she...?"

"She said that I contacted her but I don't know how." I told him.

"Looking for answers, are you, now?" Master Yoda asked me.

"I can't find anything." I told him.

"Maybe not in this section, but another." Master Yoda had told me. "Come, follow." Master Yoda then hoped up and went in the direction of the temple vaults. I just stared at him until he turned around, and said, "come, little one."

I got up from the table and followed him in the direction of the temple vaults. Once we got to the entrance, Master Yoda waved his hand in front of the security sensor and the door to the vaults opened. Master Yoda went inside and I followed him in. The vaults had holocrons in shelves, Master Yoda went to one of the shelves and used the force to bring down one of the holocrons.

"Am I even allowed in here?" I asked Master Yoda.

"Normal circumstances, no." Master Yoda had told me. "Normal, this is not." Master Yoda then handed me the holocron. On the holocron was the name Ashlyn Jae Faelyn. Under her name, there was a time stamp: 22 BTC - 24 ATC.

"ATC?" I asked Master Yoda.

"After Treaty of Coruscant, it means." Master Yoda told me. "Personally made this, she did. Dangerous, in the wrong hands, it is." That must be why they keep it here, in the vaults. "Hard to open, it is. Keep it safe, you must. Return it when you are done, you must."

"How? Just give it to you to put back in here?" I asked Master Yoda.

"Who I think you are, if you are. Access in the future, permission you may have." Master Yoda told me.

"But isn't the council the only ones who can access this room?" I asked Master Yoda.

"A special case, this is." Master Yoda told me.

I held the holocron in my hand, under my robe as we both walked out of the temple vaults. I hid it underneath my robe as I'm not really supposed to have this...well, I am but other people don't know that I can have this. Besides...I'm pretty sure that members of the council aren't even allowed to take holocrons out of the vaults, so I need to be careful and let no one know that I have this.