Ch: 5

I sat in my room, with the holocron on the floor, a few inches in front of me. I had tried to open it so many times today but for some reason, I couldn't, which made me a little bit angry. Wait, Ashlyn said that she could use both sides of the force. So do I need to use both sides of the force to open up her holocron? If so, then that's just another reason why this was kept in the temple vaults...! But how do I use both sides at once, how do I even use the dark side? I asked myself as I was only trained to use the light side. Yoda said that fear leads to anger, that anger leads to hate, and that hate leads to the dark side. But how can I have hatred and show compassion at the same time...?

I reached out with the force again and tried to open up the holocron. I focused on my frustration at not being able to open the holocron, yet I also focused on the compassion that I showed my friends and the happiness that we share, I focused on my attachments. I opened my eyes and watched as the holocron started to float into the air before pieces of it flew out and a screen appeared at the center of the holocron.

I looked at the screen of the holocron, it had the name: Ashlyn Jae Faelyn on it, as well as a picture of her. The picture was different than how I saw her. In the picture, she was wearing a light brown short sleeved crop top with brown pants, darker than her crop top, and a black belt. She had her lightsaber turned on, the two blades were silver in color. There were also training droids around her, one of which was cut in half. The model of the droids looked like well over 2 or 3 thousand years old. She had her hair in a long ponytail, there was also a small braid in her hair. So the picture must've been taken when she was still a padawan, she also looks much younger in the picture, somewhere between 14 to 16 years old. There was also a bio below the picture: I was a Jedi Knight in the Jedi Order, I later became a Jedi Master and was a member of the Jedi Council until my death. I was trained by Jedi Master Satele Shan. I lived on Alderaan until I was 8 years old, when the Jedi started to train me. My father was also from Alderaan while my mother was from Naboo. While in the Order, I had a padawan named: Mizella. She was a twi'lek, who wasn't like me. She could only use the light side of the force or be consumed by the dark side. She was playful and we had a lot of fun together until her short demise. She was killed by a Sith Lord who wanted to get to me. So they killed Mizella, thinking that that would affect me. It did, and I fell into a fit of rage, which ended up in me ending their life. I didn't purposefully kill them because they killed Mizella, that was just topping on the cake. I killed them because they got in my way and made it obvious that only one of us was going to make it out alive in that situation. Sadly, it was them who perished instead of me. I had only known Mizella for four short years, I first met her when she was 14. She was so curious and very kind, almost too kind at times. Shortly after Mizell's death, about a year or two after, I was invited to become a member of the council. At first, I wasn't sure if I wanted to join the council but I agreed to anyways. I was given the title of Jedi Master when I was 39 years old.

Underneath the paragraph of bio about Ashlyn, there was a picture of a twi'lek which was labeled 'Pictures of Mizella'. It was a picture of a light blue twi'lek who was wearing a purple wrap around her upper torso, and white leggings and purple boots. There was a black belt on her leggings which held a single lightsaber. Besides, that picture was another picture of Mizella with training droids all around her. She was fighting them with two lime green lightsabers. In the first picture, Mizella looks around 15, while in the second picture, Mizella looked around 18 years old.

I turned the page on the holo-screen from the holocron and was presented with a page about the history of force users who could use both sides of the force. On the next page, and all the other pages, there was notes and instructions to do a whole lot of things using the light side, the dark side, even both sides of the force.

I quickly closed the holocron and used the force to put the holocron in the top drawer of my dresser once I heard a knocking sound on my bedroom door. "Just a minute," I called out as I was still using the force to put the holocron away. The door opened up the second after I had put away the holocron, and in walked Kala. "Hey, Kala." I greeted her.

"Hey, I've barely seen you around," Kala told me. "So, what's going on lately...?"

"Ah, nothing much...." I lied, but I don't know if she picked up if I lied or not. "How about you?"

"Nothing much," Kala told me. "I've missed hanging out with you though."

Yeah, because I've been trying to figure out what Ashlyn told me. So I haven't really been hanging out with anyone in my free time. I told myself.

"Are you free right now...?" Kala asked me.

I looked at the drawer that I put the holocron in before I looked back to Kala. "Sure...."