Ch: 6

I was with Kala, we were outside sitting down crisscrossed on the grass on one of the outside platforms of the temple. I had my eyes closed when suddenly, I noticed that different colors all flew around my vision and I ended up back in the white void where I had last seen Ashlyn. I turned around and looked for Ashlyn, who slowly faded into view.

"I see you found my Holocron." I heard Ashlyn tell me. "Opened it yet...?"

"Yes...although it took some time," I told her.

"So, what did you read first?" She asked me.

"Your bio," I told her. "Then I skimmed over the next couple of pages."

"So, you didn't exactly learn how to use your powers?" She asked me.

"You had to use both sides of the force to open up the Holocron," I pointed out.

"So, all you've learned was how to use both sides at once?" She asked me. "And then you probably don't know how to do it properly either...."

"Someone barged in so I had to hide the Holocron," I told her. "As it isn't exactly something that just anyone can have access to. It's in the temple vaults and only members of the Jedi Council have access to the vaults."

"Then how did you get it...?" She asked me, curiously.

"I told my Master, who is the Grand Master of the Jedi Council, about what you told me and he let me come into the vaults to grab it," I told Ashlyn.

"Well, since you haven't actually read out your powers, why don't I just teach you how to use your powers?" She asked me.

"To do what exactly?" I asked her.

"Um... let's start off with the energy force field and then we can get into some of the other things." She told me.

"Alright," I told her, she'll probably try to show me whether I want her to or not. I might as well learn from her while I can.

"Ok, since we are technically inside of The Force. It will be easier to do everything here than it would be in the real world." She told me. "Just a fair warning. Now, to make a shield, you haft to use just as much of the dark side as the light side. You haft to be completely balanced in the force."

"But it happened before and I wasn't completely balanced," I told her.

"That's because you haven't learned how to do it yet." She told me. "Once you do, you haft to put the barrier up yourself. Otherwise, it'll only go up if a strike or shot will kill you when you aren't meant to die yet."

"Why would I want to learn how to do that?" I asked her.

"Because then you can put it around people that you care about." She told me. "It's harder to do that but it can be so worth it at times."

"...Fine," I told her. "How do I do it?"

"Just focus on a barrier between you and whatever or whoever you want it to be in between." She told me. "You haft to focus on both sides of the force otherwise the barrier won't stay for long. Almost see the barrier in front of you before you create it." Once she was done talking, I watched as the area around us transformed from that of a white void to a landscape of trees. I looked around and noticed a big building right behind us, it had a concrete path that lead up to it, as well as a small river that ran in front of it.

"Where are we?" I asked her.

"Tython." She responded. "Or how I remember it."

"What is Tython?" I asked her, never hearing the name before.

"I remember explaining what it was in my Holocron." She told me. "You mustn't read that far."

"I only read the first page, and not all of it." I told her.

"Tython was once the homeworld of the Jedi Order." She told me as we started to walk towards the building. "It was where the first Jedi emerged, it was a planet that was strong in The Force. You could just feel The Force anywhere on the planet. It was once filled with light side energy but now in your time, I believe it's still filled with dark side energy." She then pointed to the building we were walking towards, "a long time ago, this building was filled with Jedi. It was a Jedi Temple, the one we mainly used after the sacking of the Jedi Temple on Coruscant."

"Why is it so empty?" I asked her as I haven't seen anyone around here at all.

"This is a shared memory of all of the Jedi of my time." She told me. "We are merely the only ones looking back on this. We no longer stay here, when more Jedi notice that we are here, they'll come to join us. Jedi don't like being in this memory alone, as we all remember it filled with others. It just seems so lonely right now, and nobody likes to be lonely...."

"Where are we going?" I asked her.

"To my old training spot." She told me. "That's where I'll teach you how to manipulate force energy."

"Manipulate force energy...?" I asked her as I stopped walking. "I thought you just said to learn to create a barrier."

"You can do a lot when manipulating force energy." She told me. "Creating barriers is the easiest thing you can do."

"The hardest?" I asked her.

"We'll get t-to the-" She got cut off by someone yelling her name, as they ran towards us.

"Master Ashlyn!" I heard a female voice say. I looked up and noticed that a twi'lek, that looked around 17 to 18 years old ran up towards us. Then they ran up to Ashlyn and gave her a hug. "It's been too long since I've last seen you here!"

"Mi-Mizella," Ashlyn told the girl. "Careful!" The girl let go of Ashlyn and looked at me. "Who are you? I've never seen you around here before."

"This is Nova," Ashlyn told the girl. "She's technically still...alive."

"Then how is she here?" The twi'lek, Mizella, asked Ashlyn.

"I brought her here," Ashlyn told Mizella. "She is like me, yet she doesn't know how to control her powers."

"You gonna teach her?" Mizella asked Ashlyn. "Can I watch?"

"Why not?" Ashlyn asked Mizella.