C13 - I could start fires with what I feel for you

Chapter thirteen - I could start fires with what I feel for you

A L E X I S ' S

P O I N T

O F

V I E W

"It's been a while," Alexis went rigid. That voice. She held her breath. She hadn't heard the voice in at least 9 years. The face that matched the voice came into view. There, in front of her, stood the two most heinous people I'd ever met... my biological parents

I stood frozen, I'd been running for years, changing my name and my identity but the second I came face-to-face with sole reason after all these years my feet were stiff and firmly planted on the ground.

"who did you tell?"

"mum," It was like poison on my tongue. A mother was nurturing, caring and understanding. Someone who loved you unconditionally and nursed your bruised and scarred body not the women who reprimanded you for everything, who felt pleasure with the pain she forced upon you.

"We were asked to come to this courthouse because of our daughter." Her nails pierced my skin as she dragged me to a dark corner. With each step the nail dug deeper and deeper, I hissed in pain. "I promise you, if you say anything, I- we will make you never forget it." As passer byes walked past, the women who felt like a stranger enveloped me in a hug. "and I mean it, you will regret this Alessia." She whispered then she pulled away, but her arms stayed on my shoulder, her nails continuing to puncture. "I love you." She hollered. No. if you love someone. You don't hurt them; so, what did that say about my feelings for Noah?

He refused to see me before I went on trial. I didn't get the chance to apologize at first, I'd didn't realise it was assault much like the rest of society I figured boys love sex he just had a thought pulling him away and I could make him feel better. my judgement was wrong, and I cannot undo what is done.

"has the jury come to a verdict?"

"yes, we have your honour."

"will defendant please rise." A pause. "what is your verdict?"

"we the jury, find the defendant not-guilty."

There should be a flood of relief come over my body. I was free. I knew I should have been sentenced, I was guilty. If only I had been able to testify, I would be in a juvenile detention. You might be thinking why the hell would this girl want to go to juvie? Well if you had the opportunity to escape something that has haunted your days and nights would you take it? You might think it's ridiculous, jail is a scary place and it's on my permanent record. That record will hang over my head, like it's tattooed across my face like a bullseye. What happens if you feel that a cell is safer than where ever your parents would take you as soon as you get back into their car. All I remember is screaming and pushing, now I might finally understand how Noah felt. Tortured by someone who 'loved' them.