chapter 26

Chapter 26

The only thing he ever did was help me destroy myself

In retrospect it probably wasn't a good idea. Definitely not. Laying in a pool of my own vomit at 3.40am in a huge primary school oval was not a good idea at all. In addition, Jonah lay next to me in his own pool. Look what can I say, he's my drinking partner.

"Why do you keep running back to him?" I turned to Jonah. We had laid there for a while staring at the sky not saying a word.

"I don't know. the only thing he ever really did was help me destroy myself." He leaned into my proximity, it didn't feel right but I let him anyway.

Regardless of the fact his lips felt foreign on my own, the only thing that made me feel sick was actually being sick. I felt myself lean forward and projectile vomit. "MY NEW SHOES!" I yelled as yellow chunks came in contact with my Nike's.

I don't know how normal people react when waking up in your ex-principles arms but me, I had a full-on heart attack. Well, obviously not literally.

When we got to the house I followed him into the kitchen and he handed me a bottle of water. I clutched my head.

"what happened?"

"well, to start off when I first found you, you were trying to carry a tree across a primary school oval and Jonah was acting like your cheerleader/hype-man."

"oh god."

"it gets better. At one point you noticed me; thought you were a chameleon, said to Jonah that you remembered what to do from a bio class I sat in for and then proceeded to raise your hand and ask if you could use the bathroom."

"Just kill me now. Why didn't Reece pick me up?"

"he was exhausted." Ew.

"well how did you know where I was and what happened?"

"well Reece's phone kept beeping and it was seriously keeping me up. I looked at it and *insert funny name* 'there's something in the genes' keep texting weird thing, *insert weird text messages*

there's something in the genes – help REECE I'm being stabbed!

"did I get stabbed?"

"no what the fuck? You stepped on a plastic knife." There was also attached videos.

He showed me the video that was attached. It was me running around in the oval 'trying to summon aliens' and a voice provoked Jeremy to start talking.

"what the hell kind of noise was that."

"I coughed. What's wrong with it?"

"that was NOT a cough!"

"uh i know this may be a weird request as my ex-principle and all but I really want to transfer back to my old school, but Reece won't budge, this may totally be inappropriate for me to ask but could you talk to him?"

The following morning as I was pouring milk into both Reece and Jeremy's coffees and Jeremy came up to me.

"I have some news." I handed him his coffee and nodded.

"I talked to Reece and he's budged a little. You have to complete your exams at your old school, it's still a bit iffy as the moving around messed some things. However up until then you are finishing school where you are currently are. But for next year you will be back. I'll be your principle during the day and your brother's boyfriend in the afternoon, those worlds wont intercept, they'll just be like parallel lines. However, if you have any queries do not hesitate to ask at any time."