Chapter 32

Chapter 32

It's okay if you fall and lose your spark. Just make sure that when you get back up, you rise as the whole damn fire

"Is that blood?"

"No?"

"that's not a question you're supposed to answer with another question."

"I'd like to see YOU figure out the difference between blood and Marianna pizza Sause."

Julianna came back from the kitchen with popcorn and noticed the red stain.

"Noah get the fuck out, Lacey come with me." she turned to noah. "seriously cuz. Shoo shoo. Like a bird."

We were in the loungroom and juilanna was cleaning the earl grey couch.

"I am seriously so sorry about this. Are you sure you don't want help."

"Lacey, chill. I'm a nineteen-year-old girl, i especially know these things happen. My first period was on a school trip to Tasmania and ive had period stains on my baby blue school dress. It's the life of a women and as my mum says "another forty years to go honey" it sucks but it's the truth. Anyway have you never met a girl who when you need a product she wouldn't give it to you. I had a girl hand me her last hair tie because mine snapped and you know how necessary they are." She paused then raised her voice. "Noah I know you're eaves-dropping so listen up girls are incredible especially this one, don't fuck it up." She stood up. "there, fixed."

"alright kids we're- oh Lacey is here." Ebony spat. "Julianna why is there a plate on the floor?"

"oh, there was some pasta spilt."

"I'm so sorry Ebony- Mrs. Perkins."

"of course it was you." She muttered.

"it was an accident aUNT eBONY."

"Whatever, we," she gestured to her and Davis. "are heading out, try not to make any more mess."

"You're being distant. Could you, like, maybe to talk to me for once? Like, what am I even here for? I could be having a nice time at home by myself."

"hmm I wonder why. don't you notice how your family down to me. especially your mum. I know ive done shitty things in the past. But you've gotten past them why cant she.

"you know she doesn't mean anything by it."

"Noah, she's being vindictive and manipulating you. To make things worse you won't acknowledge it or you refuse call it out."

"Lacey, you're just being overdramatic and I know you're on your period but take a chill pill."

"You're seriously going to blame this on my period. It's your vulgar mother whos the problem."

"you want to call my mother the problem? Look in the mirror and talk to me when your done with your soap opera rendition."

Noah rushed up to his room and slammed the door.

"I should go, thank you Julianna for inviting me but I should go." She grabbed my arm.

"hold up. this self-pity has to stop. the thing with people is it's okay if you fall and lose your spark. Just make sure that when you get back up, you rise as the whole damn fire and relationship are the same. Just don't let this be the last flame that is sparked between you and Noah. If you want to go home and sleep on it feel free but there are no adults here, a ton of shitty cliché movies to binge and I'd sure like the company and not the one of a brooding teenage boy who's got his man period."

I sat in history and a note was slipped next to my elbow.

I'm sorry :(

I just crumpled the paper and threw it back onto his desk.

I shouldn't have blamed your period and I should've stood up for you. I know it's a shitty way of asking you but you're my girlfriend right? Well I hope you still are or want to be <3 *insert puppy dog eyes* please

I just looked at him and tried to keep in a laugh. He smiled and I just hit his forearm.

"shut up."