DNA

After spending some time with Clem and little Parker, I head to the medical wing to help Jackson with Sam. When I get there Sam is starting to get up, he is starting to look around and is shocked to see Jackson there. "What are you doing here?" Sam asks Jackson, angrily.

"Sam, I know I'm the last person you wanna see right now."

"You're damn right you're the last person I wanna see right now. You shot me in the leg and pushed me down a hill."

"But I saved you after that."

"Just to make yourself feel better about it."

"Hey," I shout walking over to the two of them, "Watch it, you were the one working for a terrorist."

"She saved me and raised me after my parents were killed."

"She killed your mother and took you from your father."

Sam looks over to me confused, "What?"

I shake my head and walk over to Sam, kneeling in front of him, "Sam... Abigail killed your mother and kidnapped you from a gas station in Botswana, Africa when you were less than a year old."

"What? No, she didn't. My parents were Shepards and were killed by your group."

I shake my head again, "you're the son of Jackson and Nia Oz." I look over to Jackson who is standing back from Sam and I, I look back to Sam before I continue, "your real name is Connor Oz."

Sam shakes his head, "No, you're lying."

I look back to Jackson who hands me the piece of the knit yellow blanket he has with him, "do you recognize this blanket, Sam?"

Sam nods, "It was part of my baby blanket, how did you get this?"

"Your mother knit this for you. You were wrapped in it when Abigail took you from your father and mother. She gave you to a Shepard couple who raised you as their own."

"Is there no level that you two won't stoop to? What is wrong with you people?"

"Sam, Abigail has lied to you your whole life." Sam shakes his head and scoffs, looking away from me. I'm sure he would have walked away if he could have.

"What will it take for you to believe us?" Jackson moves up next to me as I move from my squatting position in front of Sam.

Sam thinks for a moment,"a DNA test, if one of these doctors tells me that you are my father I will believe you. But Abraham and Katherine are not to be anywhere close to the test."

"Deal." Jackson nods and turns to get one of the doctors to get the test set up, but I don't leave Sam.

"Why aren't you going with him? Aren't you two joined at the hip?"

"No," I shake my head and turn back to Sam. "we are not and we are two very different people."

"How so?"

I lean in closer to Sam, placing my hands on the bed on either side of Sam, "Jackson saved you from those hybrids. I would have let them tear you apart."

"No mother would do that."

"I'm not a mother, your aunt and grandfather saw to that. But if you hurt this team anymore than you already have, I will see to it you never see the cure to sterility."

"You won't do anything."

I smirk softly, "I killed Abigail and I enjoyed it. I killed the same person who had killed hundreds and made life miserable thousands more, and I won't lose an ounce of sleep over it. If you do anything to continue what Abigail was planning, I will put an end to you too. Right now, your focus is that baby boy of yours and Clementine. And if you hurt them you'll have more than just me to answer to."

Sam chuckles and tries to match my gaze, "I'm not scared of Mitch."

"Oh no, you won't just have to deal with Mitch. You'll have all of us to deal with. Dariela was special forces, Abe was a soldier, Jackson and I have been on the run for the past ten years, and Jamie destroyed Jackson, quite literally, without even trying. Are you sure you want all of us against you?" Sam looks down and shakes his head, "we will be your friends and your family if you let us. We will do anything and everything we can for you, but if you cross us trying to help Abigail even after all of this, I... no sorry. We... will eat alive."

I smile at Sam as I step away, hearing Jackson coming up. "Alright, I found a doctor to run the test."

Sam nods, "Let's get this over with so I can prove you wrong."

It doesn't take long for the doctor to finish the DNA test on Jackson and Sam. It would have gone faster if Abe and I had done it. But we agreed that we would have nothing to do with the test. The doctor comes over to us and smiles, "Jackson Oz and Samual Parker?"

"Yes." Jackson and Sam speaking in unison as Jackson stands.

"Mr. Oz, Mr. Parker is your son."

Sam shakes his head and looks over to Jackson in shock, "What? That's impossible."

The doctor hands Sam the paper, "the only thing that doesn't match in your DNA is your blood type."