Plugger

A few months had past and the boys had put all their energies into finishing up the baby rooms at our place and at Abe and Dariela's. Jackson had found a lounge chair he added to the room and added shelves to the room. We had bought every children's book we could get our hands on and we had even adopted a dog. Jackson had named him Plugger, I don't know why, but it's someone for us to focus on while we are waiting for the little one to get here. Jackson spent every evening since we got Plugger playing fetch with him in the backyard. "Go get it." Jackson called out as he throw a ball.

"Hey," I walk out of the house, "Guess who I found snooping around."

I laugh as Abe, Dariela and Isaac walk out onto the porch after me. Jackson walks up on to the porch and smiles brightly, "Hey, guys. What are you doing here?"

"Well, you know, in the neighborhood and wanted to see how you guys were doing." Dariela smiles, hugging Jackson.

"How are you feeling?" Abe turns to me.

"I'm fine. A little tired and off balance, but I'm fine."

Dariela laughs, "that doesn't really go away. You just learn to deal with it."

"Oh yeah?" Jackson laughs as he reaches down and pets Plugger.

"Who is this?" Isaac asks, looking over the dog.

"This is Plugger, the newest addition to our family." Jackson smiles and kneels down next to him. Isaac walks over to Plugger and pets his head, Plugger response by licking Isaac in the face. Isaac laughs and wipes his face.

"When did you two get a dog?" Abe looks over to Jackson.

"We found him in while we were on a walk. We took him to the vet and his was health and he wasn't chipped so we decided to keep him."

"Well, it sounds like you found a good family." Abe smiles, kneeling down in front of Plugger, petting him.

"Well, we should get back to the house, we just wanted to see how you guys were doing." Dariela smiles, giving me a hug.

"Stop by anytime, you guys are always welcome." I smile.

"We'll see you guys later." Abe smiles.

"Bye, Uncle Jackson, bye, Aunt Kat."

A few nights later I wake up around eleven to notice that Jackson isn't in bed next to me, he is normally in bed by now. When I sit up and look around I notice there is light shining under the door. Once I open the door I see the light in on the baby's room. When I walk in I see Jackson sitting in the lounge chair, reading one of the small books. "What are you doing?"

Jackson looks over to me, "uh... refreshing myself. What are you doing up?"

"Just couldn't sleep," I smile walking over to Jackson. As I do, I notice something's wrong, "What's wrong?"

He looks over to me as I sit by his feet, "What if I'm not cut out of be a father?"

"Jackson..."

"No, I'm serious. My father lost his mind and abandon my mother and I, I don't remember my grandfather at all. What if I wasn't supposed to be a father."

"Then you wouldn't have gotten so many chances to be one." I place a hand on one of Jackson's as he looks over to me, "you were meant to be a father and you are going to be a great one. I know you are."

"But, what if..."

"We will figure it out together, we always have." I smile softly over to him.

Jackson nods and chuckles, "You're right." he takes a deep breath, "Yeah, you're right. I am just getting in my own head."

"Yes, you are."

"Shouldn't I be the one taking care of you right now?"

I shake my head, "no, I think this is a 24/7 gig."

"Taking care of me?"

"Being your wife." I place my hand on his knee. "In sickness and in health remember. We vowed to take care of each other no matter what. My job is to get you out of your crazy head and into reality."

Jackson smiles as I stand up, "What would I do without you?"

I shrug, "I don't know." I look over to him as I hit the doorway, "You coming to bed Oz."

"Hey," Jackson stands, "it's Smith, thank you very much."