Photos

Being six months into my pregnancy I am at the point where Jackson doesn't want me to do a whole. He refused to go on any tours more then one or two towns away and we had stopped traveling to towns and cities further away so that he and Abe so they could help families and take out hybrids. Jackson was being very underfoot lately and I have to admit it had gotten to be a little much.

One night I was in our bedroom, looking over a couple of photo albums while Jackson was in the shower. I've been crying over a picture of Chloe and I for about ten minutes, by the time Jackson gets out. "Hey, what's wrong?" Jackson walks out of the bathroom, his pajama pants on and drying his hair with a towel.

I look up to him and sniff, "nothing, I uh... just found this picture of Chloe and I, and uh..."I sniff again.

Jackson sits next to me and looks over my shoulder, "I remember this, I took this the afternoon before went out to find Jamie."

I nod, "Yeah..." I chuckle softly, "You took it while the two of us were talking and we didn't know about it."

"Yeah, well, what can I say, you two looked so happy to be heading out to get Jamie."

I flip another page and see a picture of Jackson and Isaac, "aww..." Jackson looks over my shoulder and chuckles, "You looked so cute holding Isaac."

"I remember thinking he was the closest we'd get to having a child of our own."

"Yeah... now look at us." I laugh softly and turn the page again, to a picture from our wedding.

"You looked beautiful in your wedding dress and you look even more beautiful now."

I blush softly, "I remember that being one of the happiest days of my life."

"Yeah, mine too." Jackson smiles laying his head on my shoulder. The two of us look at the photo for a little while before turning the page again and seeing one of Tessa and I outside a town in Washington state. "Where was this again?"

"It was when we cleared our first town up in Washington."

"Oh, yeah, when I tripped down that embankment?"

"That's the one."

Jackson laughs, "that seems like it was yesterday, hard to believe it was seven years ago."

I nod, "I know, it's crazy." I look over to Jackson, "So, how's it feel to be the first father in ten years?"

"About the same as it feels to find out Sam was Conner. Amazing. Unbelievable. A little weird, not gonna lie."

I laugh softly, "yeah, I bet."

"How's it feel to the first mother in ten years?"

"About the same. I can't imagine it's anything close to how you feel though."

"What are you talking about?" Jackson places his hands on my stomach, "You are creating a life, the first human life created in ten years. That is nothing close to what I'm going through, it is incredible what you are doing."

I shake my head, "it's incredible what Abe was able to do, what Clementine did. I am not doing exactly what women have been doing for hundreds of years,"

"That may be true, but everything you do is incredible and our child will be incredible, so will their childhood, and the rest of our lives."