Donuts

The next morning when Jackson and I wake up, I was craving donuts for some reason. So, being the amazing husband he is, Jackson took up to a Donut shop in town and we had breakfast there. Most of the people in town have gotten use to my bump, at the beginning they didn't really know what to think. Some people looked at me as if they were crazy and seeing things, other's walked up to me and asked if they could feel the baby. One kid even walked up to me and asked if I was real. Dariela had gotten a lot the same things. The two of us getting two donuts each and Jackson taking the bag off of the counter, once he took one of his out of the bag and taking a bite out of it. "Hungry, huh?"

As Jackson turns he points his donut at me and smirks slightly. When we get to the table the two of us eat our donuts and Jackson drinks his coffee, while I drink my tea. I look around the cafe before I hear Jackson. "What is it?"

I turn back to him, "Did you ever think we would be back here again?"

"Back where? In a cafe, enjoying donuts?" Jackson shrugs his shoulders, "I don't know. I tried not to think about it when we were on the run."

I nod, "I've just been thinking about all the things we thought were never going to happen ten years ago. Like seeing Mitch again, living in a real house, having a baby, living in a normal town."

"Well, to be fair we didn't live in a normal house or town before the outbreak happened."

"That's true, but we had the option, didn't we?"

"Yeah, we did."Jackson smiles as he sips his coffee.

When we are done with our donuts and coffee/tea, we head to the mall, just to walk around and look around. As we pass by a TV store, we see a news program on, with the CEO of Reiden talking about selling the sterility cure. I scoff, "Wow, why do they think they can use Abe's research to get paid."

Jackson shrugs, "I don't know, let's just be happy that they are mass producing it."

"If it doesn't make things worse."

"Well, to be fair to them it wasn't Reiden so much as my father and sister who caused the problems, they just used Reiden to do it."

"I guess you're right." I shake my head as the two of us keep walking.

We look around looking at different stores. "I keep forgetting there aren't baby stores anymore."

I laugh softly, "Yeah, you and Abe need to build two baby beds before too long."

"Yeah, we do. What color are you thinking?"

I shrugs, "Yellow would probably be best since we don't know the gender."

"Have you and Dariela started making some baby clothes and blankets?"

I nod, "Yeah, but it's hard to find fabric that looks like it would work with for a baby."

"I'm sure that everything looks perfect."