Mission

New Years had come and gone, and now there is more snow on the ground then I have ever seen. Logan is now teething, which is an amazing time as you can imagine. Jackson and I are up at all hours trying to sooth the little guys gums. The best thing we've found is to freeze his teething toys and then let him chew on them. He can roll over and sit up all on his own, but he could do that before Christmas. He is starting to watch and take after Jackson more than I ever thought he would. When I come into the room and pick him up he almost kisses my cheek, like Jackson does when he gets home.

I can't imagine life without this little guy and it's weird to think that Jackson and I have all these stories about us being on the run. Logan won't know a day with his cousins, Aunt and Uncle, or his parents. Jackson is doing almost everything he can to make sure of it. Although, I keep telling him he doesn't need to worry about it, we are a family again, and if we've made it through everything we have, nothing will tear us apart.

Jackson is out at the station checking in on things, since none of us had been there in almost six months. Today our department heads wished to see us for a meeting, while they wouldn't tell us what it was about, they wanted Abe, Dariela, Jackson and I to be there. Since I had to drop Logan off at the babysitter's I was late getting to the meeting.

"Hello, my love." I smile and whisper over to Jackson as I walk into the room, the meeting doesn't look like it's started yet.

"Hey, baby." Jackson walks over and kisses my cheek, "How do you stay so beautiful while taking care of a six month old?"

"I think you're a little bias, aren't you?" I chuckle softly, as Jackson wraps an arm around me waist.

"Maybe so, but it doesn't mean I'm not right." Jackson smiles.

"If you say so," I chuckle as I look around, "has the meeting not started yet?"

"Uh... no it hasn't." Jackson shakes his head.

As Jackson says this Elena Rodriguez walks into the room and smiles. Elena is our new department head, taking over when Garrison retired. "Hello, everyone. Please have a seat." Everyone takes a seat around the boardroom table and looks up to Elena, who is standing in front of a projection screen. "First of all, I want to thank you for meeting me here on such short notice." Elena starts up the projection, "We called you here to talk to you about a new mission we have for you. All of you. We need you to go to South Florida for the four of you to give an official showing of the cure and talk about what happened."

"Really?" I scoff.

"Yes..." Elena nods "We need the people who lived through this experience and found it, to go and talk to the public."

"All of us?" Dariela leans forward.

"Yes, all of you," Elena nods.

"You do realize we have babies at home right?" Dariela crosses her arms.

"Yes, we do and we are planning on providing you the best childcare and have all your expenses paid."

"So this isn't a mission, so much as publicity." I nod and lean back.

"Kind of." Elena looks from Dariela to me.

"We haven't done anything since a few months after I got pregnant. There has been no hybrid activity due to the cold and now they've built a nest. But you'd rather have us in Florida doing a press conference?"

"Yes and since there is minimum activity due to the cold, we are taking care of the remaining hybrids. But you are the faces of this cure and this new age."

I scoff, "So you want us to go and talk to people about what we went though. About how for fifteen years we put ourselves in harms way to protect everyone in the world." I shake my head, "I don't know about Jackson but I don't want to talk to anyone about that."

"Abe and Dariela have no problem doing it." Elena gestures over to Abe and Dariela.

As soon as she does Abe and Dariela straightens up, since Elena isn't aware of the extent of what Jackson and I had to go through, and even though I know she doesn't, I still feel a huge amount of rage. "Abe and Dariela didn't spend ten years on the run, they didn't spend ten years separated from their family..."

"I know, I'm sorry...You're right..." Elena nods.

"Maybe we should." Jackson places a hand on my shoulder,  "Maybe, we should let everyone know what happened and what we went through, it may help clear the Oz name."

I think for a moment and sigh, "Fine, we'll go to your little press conference... but, on one conditions."

"Of course," Elena nods, "anything."

"Dariela and I plan everything, down to the last detail. Our replacements are not to touch it."

"Yes, of course."

"What about Jamie and Mitch?" Jackson looks up to Elena, removing his hand from his mouth, that had been holding in his laughter.

"Dr. Morgan and Mrs. Campbell, will be meeting you there."