*Bonus Chapter*

*A/N: Many of my readers have expressed that you couldn't understand why Caroline would take Adrian back so quickly, or how he could move on so quickly from Caroline. I just wanted to speak to y'all for just a moment on that. I wrote this story in the way that it felt raw and natural to me, and most of all human. However I understand that the readers feel something is missing.

I decided to write a bonus chapter in Adrian's point of view so that y'all could get a glimpse of his side of the story and what happened before the moment Caroline ends up at his door. The way it is originally written, I realize I leave his side up to the reader, dependent upon how they interpret the context clues, which I thought would allow you all to come the conclusion you wanted to see from him. But I see now that I need to create my own version and put it in writing.

I hope this helps you to see more layers of the story, and to give you the details y'all felt were missing!

Adrian's POV

I hold my eyes shut, trying to block out the late afternoon sunlight filtering through the curtains of my bedroom. Every day has been much of the same. I drag myself out of bed, even though every cell in my body is urging me to stay home and sleep the day away. I come home and crash, exhausted from the exertion it takes keeping a somewhat neutral expression on my face during business hours. My phone begins to ding alerting me of messages from my friends pushing me to come out with them. I've managed to hold them off for several weeks, opting to stay home alone and drunkenly wallow before they finally showed up at my door with more booze to get the details out of me.

I know they're only trying to help, but even trying to summon the energy to go out with them at this point seems useless. Each night I've let them convince me to go out with them as they shove cocktail after cocktail in my hand to try and help me forget Caroline. It worked for a bit, but now I'm becoming dull to it. The familiar ache has returned and I can't shake it this time.

I've never had a problem with female attention, and I've tried to let myself become distracted by one each night we're out. But each time, we get back to my place and I can't seem to shake the memory of Caroline. Walking into my living room with another female sends me over the edge every time, and I excuse myself and put them in a cab to send them home. I just haven't been able to bring myself to get past it. To get past her.

I pull myself from bed and take my time getting dressed, barely managing to brush my hair. I look disheveled but I don't even care at this point. What's the use?

I head downstairs and have the car drop me off uptown, walking into the crowded bar and over to the table where my friends are already gathering. They all jump up and greet me as if it's been ages, even though we went out together the night before.

"Come on man. Tonight's the night. It's been long enough. You've waited weeks and she hasn't called. She's moved on, I guarantee it. So now, you gotta do it." Adam says as he pulls a beer from the table and hands it to me.

I sigh and start to drain the bottle, knowing it's just going to be another night of this again. "Whatever man. It's not that simple. I asked her to..."

"Marry you. We know! But dude...if she hasn't called by now, don't you think that's saying something. She said no. Deal with it. It's time. Come on. What about her?" Adam points to a tall brunette across the room eyeing us but I shake my head.

"Not my type." I say shortly, finishing the bottle. "I'm getting something stronger if this is going to be what the night holds." I say with a tight smile, standing and heading to the bar.

"Ok ok. I'll lay off, but by the end of the night, you're taking one of these gorgeous women here home. Get over it man." Adam says, smacking my back as I slide into the booth next to him once more.