l

rally.

"D-DR. KIM.." hoseok awkwardly laughed as he tried to cover the two.

seokjin, who's now looking at them with full of curiosity slightly nodded at hoseok. meanwhile, taehyung fakely coughed and wrapped his arm around yoongi which the older one immediately removed.

"you all seemed serious when i saw all of you talking. what's the matter?" seokjin asked.

taehyung and hoseok became even more anxious. just the fact that someone almost found out their plan gave them shivers. but yoongi, on the other hand, stayed calm and even smirked at the doctor infront of them.

"why do you even care?" yoongi smugly said which caused taehyung and hoseok to nudge him with their wide eyes.

seokjin chuckled. he met yoongi a few times already for his scheduled check ups. he knows how the guy can be so rude at times.

"i'm just asking, but if you don't wanna let me know then it's alright." seokjin answered.

"i'm sorry dr. kim, i just had to take these two patients along with me because they're being stubborn again for not wanting to take their vitamins. i'll take them back now." hoseok politely bowed at the doctor and quickly dragged the two with him leaving seokjin there.

seokjin waited for the three to leave before sighing and shook his head. he knows that the three was planning something, investigating rather. he's not interested in it but he's more concern with what might happen if ever they fail. he knows how the stygianburg institute does their punishments and it's awful. he has treated many patients and he has seen worse.

"dr. kim!" seokjin turned his head back only to see ms. beth walking towards him.

he bowed politely and gave the older woman a small smile. ms. beth being her usual serious self just gave seokjin a small nod. seokjin tried his best to stand still and do a good posture while putting both of his hands on the pocket of his white coat.

"i've been searching for you, where have you been? we need you to treat a patient." the head nurse looked around them and back at seokjin.

"i decided to have a walk for a bit. it's been days since i roamed around the building. where's the patient by the way?" he answered, ignoring the main point of ms. beth's question.

"he's already in your clinic." he nodded at that and already dismissed himself.

-

"HE DID WHAT?" namjoon almost choked after hearing what taehyung had just said, ignoring the fact that yoongi, who's their subject, was only sitting infront of them.

"yup. he really disrespected dr. kim earlier, thank god that doctor is actually an angel and he's just so kind." yoongi, who's been listening at the two from the start just snorted at what taehyung just said.

"kind my ass." he murmured.

taehyung rolled his eyes at the older because of his attitude and turned his head back at namjoon to tell more about what happened. after hoseok brought them back at the cafeteria, they immediately saw namjoon sitting alone on a table and it looks like he's actually waiting for them to arrive.

"by the way, i'm also aware about jungkook's case so don't worry. i'm more than willing to help." namjoon told the two and gave them a shy smile.

"thank you! we appreciate that really. but don't forget to always be careful." taehyung gave namjoon his iconic boxy smile and even hugged the older one.

"okay that's enough. you two are literally doing a PDA and its cringe." yoongi commented.

taehyung just stuck his tongue out at yoongi while namjoon tagged along and laughed with the younger one.

right at that moment, they all heard the bell rang which means that dinner time is already done and that indicates them to go back to their cells already. taehyung gave the two a pout before standing up and waits for his guard to pick him up.

just as taehyung and namjoon are about to leave, yoongi called them that made them look back at him.

"be careful and take care." the older said before also leaving with his guard.

taehyung and namjoon gave each other looks before smiling at how yoongi indirectly showed that he is also concern for the two.

-

"this is too much."

as soon as seokjin entered his clinic and saw jungkook's state, he gritted his teeth and tried to hold back his anger. there, lying on a single bed was jungkook who's unconscious and is really in a bad state. seokjin immediately went towards the younger one and checked his vital signs. he sighed as soon as the result was fine. ms. beth, who's now at his back chuckled at his statement and faced him.

"what's too much dr. kim? you know for a fact that patients that are not following the rules are being punished." seokjin turned his gaze towards the old woman and scoffed.

"punishments also has limits ms. beth, i'm still a doctor who wishes everyone to be healthy and fine. what you're doing is just very inhuman already." ms. beth was supposed to answer back, but she decided not to.

seokjin immediately went towards a cabinet and grabbed his medical equipments to cure jungkook's bruises and cuts. ms. beth, who was left standing there just raised an eyebrow at how the doctor just answered back at her for the very first time. and because she got pissed, she left after a awhile.

seokjin sighed for the nth time again. he winced just by looking at how jungkook looks right now. blood were all over his body and some got dried already. he also has lots of cuts and bruises that some already turned to violet ones. it's awful.

seokjin prepared the tools that are needed and immediately started. he washed his hands quickly and wore some gloves. he grabbed some cotton balls and soaked it with alcohol, he breathed deeply before carefully dabbing it on jungkook's arms which had a lot of fresh bruises and are still covered with blood.

jungkook winced and groaned the moment he felt something touched his arms. his body is too weak and numb but at the same time he can feel pain. he is in so much pain that all he can do is cry. seokjin saw prints of tears in the younger's eyes.

he then sighed.

"jungkook, can you hear me?" seokjin asked and softly tapped jungkook's cheeks.

jungkook wanted to open his eyes but his eyes itself are too weak. he can definitely hear seokjin, he even wanted to speak and say something but his throat was too dry. he wasn't even given food and water when he was punished. he felt like dying there.

"i'm sorry.." seokjin suddenly spoke.

he patted jungkook's head and the next thing he knew, he was already sobbing. he kept on hugging the younger one but at the same time he's making sure that he doesn't touch jungkook's bruises and cuts. seokjin doesn't even know why he was too affected, but looking back at that time when he first met jungkook, he knew that he treats him like his little brother. he felt somehow connected to jungkook.

"i'm sorry i couldn't protect you." he whispered at jungkook's ear, still crying.

jungkook heard everything. he wanted to hug dr.kim back and say thank you for caring but sadly he couldn't. he tried his best to smile and hoped that seokjin saw it. after everything he has been through, jungkook felt more determined to fight back. to investigate further. to help everyone in stygianburg institute because everyone is in danger. including his friends taehyung and yoongi.

he will find a way to escape, jungkook thought lastly before finally falling asleep because of what seokjin had just injected him.