Chapter One: Daigo

He saw nothing at first, just plain black. Then the little sparks, red and blue and gold and orange that welded together into ribbons that flickered instead of glowing, weaving themselves together. More and more sparks came, burning themselves into a circular shape, one forged out of sparks and flames, and delicate things welded into death itself. The edges and rough curves smoothed out until it was a single red disc, which began to glow brightly- too brightly, and it burst into tiny pieces, fading to ash.

A four foot eight boy woke with a start, only to realize his homework was stuck to his cheek. He slammed his fist on the desk. "Argh! I hate math!" Stupid dream. What even was that? Ribbons and ashes? Sounds like a dumb fairytale.

Well, you could always ask Shu for help, Daigo, his bey, Dark Doomscyther suggested, heavy sarcasm in his voice.

Absolutely not. You're the only person I'm going to ask for help.

I feel like that was a compliment. But I'm going to go ahead and say that you are definitely going to end up relying on someone at some point.

The wise gandalf speaks.

Daigo Kurogami clearly heard Doomscyther snickering. As a Descendant of a Beyblade, he could speak to his spinning top, along with see souls. For each Descendant, the second power was different. Some played with fire. Others were super-strong. Still others had extremely powerful voices, like Zac. Daigo was pretty sure the popstar was a Descendant. He knee the idea was a bit weird- after all, who would speak to a spinning top toy?- but it seemed to work for a lot o people. The beys spoke back, so he guessed there were spirits inside of the beys.

His phone dinged. 

My friends are texting again. What is it now?

Buy-ME-beybread: I'm HEaDed To the PARK for BeYBLadE PRactiCe. WanNA come?

Loli Manga Nerd: Totes. LETS GO!

Albino Child: Sure. I'm already there.

Keru_Besu: Got it.

HonchoSucks: My place is so much better. But I suppose, I could deign to join you guys.

Loli Manga Nerd: WAKIYA! cHANGE YOUR USERNAME BACK! RIGHT NOW!

HonchoSucks: You're on Caps Lock. And I'll never change it back!

Daigo tapped out a response.

Goth:Enough arguing. I'll come too.

Goth: Wait, who changed my username?

Keru_Besu: It definitely wasn't me!

Keru_Besu: Besu! You're not supposed to say that, no one will believe you!

Goth: Just change it back, Ken.

Keru_Besu: Done.

NiTeCoRemo: Thnx. be there in a few minutes.

Lolli Manga Nerd: Nightcore EMO? Really?

NiTeCoRemo: Says the talking Lollipop

Before they could get into a World War Chat (again,) he logged off and started walking toward the park.

The park was a huge expanse of open space. Tables were scattered in clumps throughout the sea of green. Several individual trees, bushes, and flowered archways usually made the western section a popular place for adults to go. The right side had been claimed by the younger people. They had managed to get a giant rope course with mats on one side. The other consisted of several beyblade stadiums-- giant marked bowls designed to withstand the wound up power of beyblade and human. Farther to the west, a sea of trees connected to the powerful mountains the Shakadera Dojo was on. The forest was well maintained. In short, it was an extremely popular place for all ages, and Daigo was no exception.