Chapter 34: Daigo

Daigo:

After school the next day, they went to the roof of the building. Apparently, the kids who wanted to film them training or something. By then, Daigo had lectured Robin on what was an obvious Do NOT in a relationship. He guessed for some reason they weren't so obvious to her.

"Never hug another male while in a relationship," he had said. "We tend to get jealous."

She had replied with an innocent tilt of her head. "Why would you be jealous? It's just a hug."

Daigo facepalmed. Doomscizor snickered at his frustrated reaction. She's never going to understand until she ends up jealous. Just get over it.

Save me, world.

"GREAT! WE'RE ALL HERE!" Valt bellowed, shaking him out of his memories. He noticed that everyone, in fact, was there, along with two filmers and a director.

Everyone winced, and the two filmers put a hand over the cameras so the glass wouldn't break. "Yeesh," the director, a purple-haired girl said. "Yeah, but please refrain from screaming like that. It breaks important stuff, like... glass. And our ears."

He snickered quietly at Valt's stunned face. That was what everyone had wanted to say since they first met the lovable Sonic. For being the first one to say those words, the girl earned his respect.

Especially since she didn't flinch at Shu's death glare.

Doomscizor apparently wasn't amused. Valt protection squad, UNITEEE!!!

Stop.

NEVER!!! MWAAHAHAHA!!

That's too much.

They left immediately for the training center, which Daigo had really wanted to go to for a while, but hadn't had the time. Robin walked beside him, slipping her hand into his. He smiled a little. Maybe the hour he spent talking to her hadn't been a waste after all.

A flash of bright light temporarily obscured his vision. When he could see again, there was a camera in front of them. Robin was blinking and holding her hands up to block the light. She was also growling a slew of words that, thankfully, only he could hear.

"Perfect shot!" The director, called Klaraeaa, bounced over. Daigo scowled.

"You could have warned us," he muttered.

"WOAAHHH!!!! THIS PLACE IS AMAZING!!!"

Klaraea promptly went back to her role as director. The second camera guy started shooting as she recited: "This is the Beyblade Training Center! It has high tech training equipment that can for sure make you better! Even Lui Shirosagi swings by sometimes! What do you guys think?"

Shu's pale face went slightly paler. "You say he comes by sometimes?"

When she nodded, his scar started glowing. Not a lot, just barely, but that was enough for his cat's eyes to pick up.

Valt, Robin, and Honcho were oblivious to this, however, investigating every little section of the outside. "The center has AC!" Robin yelled, as if that weren't obvious. Valt must be rubbing off on her, he thought.

"Yeah!" Honcho agreed. "And it's got some real cool stadiums! Fit for the Head Honcho!"

Wakiya facepalmd. "You idiots. You're on camera, you know!"

Daigo sighed, muttering to him that he wasn't acting much better. Shu walked between them and grabbed their arms, dragging them towards the training center. "Come on, let's not keep Valt waiting," the albino said, voice threaded with impatience.